No announcement yet.

Forum upgrade taking place on Wednesday 8th July 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Admin (obvs the glitch sorted itself out!)

Thanks for the improvements so far.

Re: Latest Activity.
    Latest Activity is NOT an Activity Stream but a snapshot of posts at a given time, not a live list of posts, as per the Activity Stream on the old Forum. If a thread has more than one post, only the last post shows up, click on that and you miss out on earlier posts unless you happen to scroll up.
    It is the absence of this live Activity Stream showing posts, not threads, which is a huge drawback, in my view at least. Because there is no live stream, it is necessary to check regularly for new content, or not.

Latest Activity is not a catch-all. Take a look at these 2 screenshots – I’ve shown the filters applied – by your reckoning, there was no activity between Deb’s post @15.47 and Admin’s post to Barry @17.04. Latest Activity does not show the post made by Lcfcno1fan @16.57, which I found under New Topics and is excluded in the filters suggested/default, so posts will be missed. And yes, I know I can change my filters in Latest Activity and do 2 searches but it’s more work, it’s becoming a common theme…​​​​​

I dont know if there is scope to configure a live Activity Stream or a Latest Activity which captures every post individually?

Take Care.
    Love Ellie.
    Last edited by Ellie; 11 July 2020, 21:47.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Re: Private Messages.
      I am not getting email notifications of new PMs even though I selected the option and saved it. Also, I did not get an email alerting me the new Forum was up and running – maybe they weren’t generated, it’s just the advisory email said we’d get one. You might add that to your list!

Re: Inactivity logout.
      I am not getting 30mins inactivity time before being dumped out. This post was made @21.20 and by 21.32 when I next checked, I was no longer signed in. 30mins isn't really long enough for many people, not just me - please realise the problems so many of your Forum users have...

Re Friends.
      I hadn’t realised they are now called Subscribers.

That's it for now 🙄😁
      Love Ellie.
      Last edited by Ellie; 11 July 2020, 21:41.

Comment

Dear admin,

Why do we have to sign in every time. This was not an issue with the old forum.

regards
        barry (still no capitals)
        I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Two (more) reasons why Forum traffic might be so low

Hi Admin.

1. As per my post above, it's a good idea to send an email to all members telling them the new Forum is up & running.

2. If people bookmarked the login page (as opposed to the homepage) of the old Forum and click on that, it returns a blank page and does not redirect.

I'll be looking for a beta tester fee soon 😆 It seems that not a lot of real-use testing, if any, was done prior to the new Forum being released, including by people with accessibility needs and dexterity issues, i.e. Forum users 🤐

Onward & upwards from here.

Love Ellie.

Comment

Barry, the old Forum never auto-capitalised letters for me.

Love Ellie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
              Two (more) reasons why Forum traffic might be so low

Hi Admin.

1. As per my post above, it's a good idea to send an email to all members telling them the new Forum is up & running.

2. If people bookmarked the login page (as opposed to the homepage) of the old Forum and click on that, it returns a blank page and does not redirect.

Love Ellie.

Hi Ellie,

The email was sent on Thursday afternoon and was resent this weekend, we have also contacted VBulletin to double check all is working fine their side. The link used in both our emails was; https://forum.mndassociation.org/

We will be looking into the other outstanding items next week and we will share an update on this thread when we have one.

Thanks,

Forum Admin
              Our working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am until 5pm

Comment

OK, thanks. I, for one did not get either email and not in spam either.

The last email I got was the one about the upgrade and still not getting PM notifications, so there does seem to be an issue.

Good luck!

Comment

OK, thanks. I, for one did not get either email and not in spam either.

The last email I got was the one about the upgrade and still not getting PM notifications, so there does seem to be an issue.

Good luck!
                  vBulletin don't work weekends, us neither, so I am sure they will be in touch tomorrow or Tuesday once they have had chance to investigate.

Thanks,

Forum Admin

Comment

Barry, the old Forum never auto-capitalised letters for me.

Love Ellie.
                    Thank you for confirming this Ellie - it didn't for us either.

Barry, it seems unlikely we can do anything about this as it must be an iOS change.

Thanks,

Forum Admin

Comment

Originally posted by Admin_MND View Post

Hi Miranda,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Interestingly the font size is the same as the old version but I think because the new version fills the screen more the font looks smaller. We have increased this now and I hope that helps?

We have tested the 'go to top' button and it seems to work ok on Chrome and Firefox but not 100% on internet Explorer. What device or browser are you using?

I hope this helps for now.

Thanks,

Forum Admin
                      thanks for responding. Go to top now works. I used to beable to adjust the font sizes manually but that option no longer exists.

Comment

Good morning – I'm not having the same issues as some of the users because at present because I am fairly early on in my development I'm using a full-size keyboard and screen although I am voice dictating as I have for years.

I'm posting this part detects that my signature now attaches.

I am with Ellie in that I certainly do not want what I post here posted to other social media platforms. I say things here that I would certainly not want spread across to Facebook and Twitter without my express permission in duplicate in writing to my home address before anything is posted.

What does the subscribe button do at the top of each message string screen please? I realise this might be a new feature but I haven't really poked around the old system let alone the new one.

And my signature has not attached to this message as far as I can see

Finally, I do think Ellie deserves a beta testing fee!
                        Last edited by nunhead_man; 13 July 2020, 10:51. Reason: Trying to add my signature
                        Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic ALS/MND. MND hitting - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

Originally posted by nunhead_man View Post
                          Good morning – I'm not having the same issues as some of the users because at present because I am fairly early on in my development I'm using a full-size keyboard and screen although I am voice dictating as I have for years.

I'm posting this part detects that my signature now attaches.

I am with Ellie in that I certainly do not want what I post here posted to other social media platforms. I say things here that I would certainly not want spread across to Facebook and Twitter without my express permission in duplicate in writing to my home address before anything is posted.

What does the subscribe button do at the top of each message string screen please? I realise this might be a new feature but I haven't really poked around the old system let alone the new one.

And my signature has not attached to this message as far as I can see

Finally, I do think Ellie deserves a beta testing fee!
                          Hi Andy,

Thanks for letting us know your signature still isn't showing, we are sorry to hear this. The setting is enabled to allow signatures so we will raise a support ticket with vBulletin (the platform the forum runs on) so they can investigate this. We will let you know when we get a response from them.

To confirm, all social sharing options are disabled and we have no plans to enable these at this stage. If we were to enable them of course we would fully communicate with all members before hand.

The subscribe button will allow you to subscribe to that thread, ie it allows you to follow that thread. On the footer of the forum is a link called 'help' which links to this page https://forum.mndassociation.org/hel..._signature_new this page does offer some general help and guidance on the forum and what things means.

Thanks,

Forum Admin

Comment

Originally posted by Admin_MND View Post

Hi Andy,

Thanks for letting us know your signature still isn't showing, we are sorry to hear this. The setting is enabled to allow signatures so we will raise a support ticket with vBulletin (the platform the forum runs on) so they can investigate this. We will let you know when we get a response from them.

To confirm, all social sharing options are disabled and we have no plans to enable these at this stage. If we were to enable them of course we would fully communicate with all members before hand.

The subscribe button will allow you to subscribe to that thread, ie it allows you to follow that thread. On the footer of the forum is a link called 'help' which links to this page https://forum.mndassociation.org/hel..._signature_new this page does offer some general help and guidance on the forum and what things means.

Thanks,

Forum Admin
                            Hi Andy,

Just to provide another update as promised, it seems that within our individual user settings we have the option to 'enable signatures' as well as the main settings for the whole forum. We have now enabled this for everyone and I can confirm I can see your signature.

Thanks,

Forum Admin

Comment

Subscribe To Subforum Not Working.

Sorry Admin, I've another ticket issue for you 🙄

There is a Subscribe button at the top of each Subforum page but when I click on it, I get a dialogue box saying, "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page"

Individual thread subscription works fine, but not the subforums.

Thanks again.

Love Ellie.

Comment

Hi Admin.

Any chance of a Mark Forums Read button at the top of the page please?

There is only one opportunity to mark forums read and that's all the down the end of the home page - more scrolling work for us...

Thanks a mill,
                                Love Ellie.

Comment

Working...
                                X