No announcement yet.

Forum upgrade taking place on Wednesday 8th July 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I solved it - my Display Mode setting had been changed, not by me, so other users may have the same issues I had.

If people find the forum looks different since today and want to revert, go to Display Mode in Edit My Settings --> Account and make sure Posts is selected, then click Save.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Admin,

The PM email notification is now working.

Ellie.

Comment

Hi Ellie,

Thanks for letting us know the PM email notification is now working for you. We are currently working on getting an email re-sent to all users to confirm the Forum is back up and running etc.

We are glad you got the 'Display Mode' issue sorted - we will also check the Forum settings to see if we can make the same settings mandatory for everyone to help going forward.

We are in still in discussions with vBulletin around the Latest Activity/Activity Stream and will update this thread as soon as we have an update/fix from them.

Thanks for the updates Ellie, greatly appreciated.

Forum Admin
        Our working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am until 5pm

Comment

Originally posted by Admin_MND View Post
          We are currently working on getting an email re-sent to all users to confirm the Forum is back up and running etc.
          Yes, I just received that email.

Thanks.

Comment

Yes I also received the email.
            I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Thank you Ellie and Barry - we are pleased to say the email issue is now resolved.

The only outstanding issue remaning is the Latest Activity/Activity Stream which we are in discussions with vBulletin around and will update in this thread once we have an update/fix in place.

Thanks for letting us know.

Forum Admin

Comment

I’ve been so stressed about using the forum in its new format that I’ve avoided it for several days. Now I’m swamped with unread stuff and my head is spinning. I will Try to persevere otherwise I will never catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by miranda View Post
                  I’ve been so stressed about using the forum in its new format that I’ve avoided it for several days. Now I’m swamped with unread stuff and my head is spinning. I will Try to persevere otherwise I will never catch up.
                  Hi Miranda,

We are very sorry to hear this, it definitely wasn't our intention to make it more difficult to use. Can we help with anything in-particular? Would it help to switch off some of the notifications perhaps?

Thanks,

Forum Admin

Comment

Thank you. Actually I feel less frustrated now! I think I was just overwhelmed by the volume of posts since my last visit (I don’t want to miss anything!!j. I’ve caught up now and it all seemed easier. I’ve stopped using “Go to Top” button because it was still erratic and now use the arrow at the top of the page to go back to the previous page - that works for me.

Comment

Hello- the new choices for finding and reading unread posts are a bit confusing- "New Topics" and "Today's Posts" don't really seem to cover things missed if someone's been away for a few days. As well, they seem to bring you to the beginning of the thread, no matter how many pages there may be, creating an extra step for tired hands to get to unread posts. Other forums I've used that are hosted by vBulletin have a "New Posts" or "Unread Posts" option- can this be an option here?

Many thanks for all your work. Forum changeovers are always hard- you just can't please everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by miranda View Post
                        Thank you. Actually I feel less frustrated now! I think I was just overwhelmed by the volume of posts since my last visit (I don’t want to miss anything!!j. I’ve caught up now and it all seemed easier. I’ve stopped using “Go to Top” button because it was still erratic and now use the arrow at the top of the page to go back to the previous page - that works for me.
                        Hi Miranda,

That’s great news, I am pleased to hear it was a better experience then you were expecting.

The 'Go to Top' button doesn't seem to work well in Internet Explorer unfortunately, so if you would like to use that feature please use a different browser, I am pleased the 'Previous and Next' buttons are helping :-)

Thanks,

Forum Admin

Comment

Originally posted by ShiftKicker View Post
                          Hello- the new choices for finding and reading unread posts are a bit confusing- "New Topics" and "Today's Posts" don't really seem to cover things missed if someone's been away for a few days. As well, they seem to bring you to the beginning of the thread, no matter how many pages there may be, creating an extra step for tired hands to get to unread posts. Other forums I've used that are hosted by vBulletin have a "New Posts" or "Unread Posts" option- can this be an option here?

Many thanks for all your work. Forum changeovers are always hard- you just can't please everyone!

Hi Shiftkicker,

Thanks very much for your feedback, it is appreciated, and we do appreciate the kind words.

We currently have an outstanding ticket with vBulletin regarding the "New Topics" and "Today's post" features as we need their support in setting up a new option. We will share an update in here once we have one.

We agree with you regarding how it currently works and it not taking you to the latest unread post but the beginning of the thread. We have also flagged this to vBulletin and are awaiting a response regarding what we can do. We will share an update in here once we have one.

Thanks,

Forum Admin

​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by ShiftKicker View Post
                            ... As well, they seem to bring you to the beginning of the thread, no matter how many pages there may be, creating an extra step for tired hands to get to unread posts.
                            Hi Shiftkicker and welcome to the Forum.

If you click on the (albeit) small icon to the left of the thread topic in "Today's Posts", it brings you directly to the first unread post without having to scroll through post/pages - obviously you need to be signed in for this to show.

Todays Posts Screenshot (2).png

Hope this helps.

Love Ellie.

Comment

Originally posted by Admin_MND View Post
                              We agree with you regarding how it currently works and it not taking you to the latest unread post but the beginning of the thread.
                              If you click on the Last Unread icon on "Today's Posts" or "New Topics" you are taken directly to the first unread post.

​​​​​​​Love Ellie.

Comment

Working...
                              X