Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max File Size Of An Uploaded Photo Attachment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max File Size Of An Uploaded Photo Attachment?

Hi Admin,

There appears to be a bug or issue in uploading some photo attachments, as recently experienced by 2 members. It may be down to the file size but I can't see any maximum file size in the Help pages - are you aware of the max permitted file size of a single .jpg, .gif or .png file to be uploaded?

Barry52 recently had a problem uploading and posting an image and sent it to me. It was a 372KB .png file which would not post for me either. I decreased its size twice (to 144KB) and had to save it as a .jpg before it would successfully post.

If you could check out what the limit is, that'd be helpful.

Thanks a million.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

To add to what Ellie has said please advise a solution to delete previous files.
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

One quite agrees Barry. The IT ladies are such a great let down...

Harry Enfield, Sexist Posh Git Ruddy hell - YouTube
      Copyright Graham

Comment

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay coming back to you on this.

We will take a look into this Ellie and see if vBulletin can offer anymore assistance with this issue - we will share any updates we have in this thread.

Thanks very much,
        Our working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am until 5pm

Comment

Hi Admin_MND It's been over 2 weeks now - have you heard anything from vBulletin?

Thanks,
          Ellie.

Comment

Hi Ellie ,

We will chase vBulletin tomorrow to see if we can get a response from them soon. We have also been checking their help forum in the meantime to see if we can find an answer, nothing yet.

Thanks,

Forum Admin

Comment

Hi all,

We have looked into the maximum file sizes allowed on the forum are they are currently set to:

jpg, png and gif - 10mb with a maximum height and weight of 6000 x 6000

Vbulletin also tell us 'If any one of these values (x, y, size) are out of range, vBulletin will automatically try to resize the image to fit. If it cannot then it will cause an error. In addition to these values, vBulletin will only accept images uploads up to 4608 X 4608 pixels to accommodate up to 12 megapixel camera images regardless of orientation.

Not completely sure why the png image Barry52 tried to post didn't work, but I can only think that even though the file size was below the limit, the pixel size might have been larger? There doesn't appear to be any settings limiting the amount of attachments per person but we are still waiting on clarification on that question. In the meantime if there's any images that need to be removed, let us know and we can do that.

Thanks,

Forum Admin.

Comment

Thanks for the maximum size parameters Admin_MND

Both photos I resized for members were initially over the physical allowable size.

Comment

Working...
                X