• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    Many thanks Bowler!

Didn't look high enough.

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Doug Carpenter when in the trash screen check the box next to the messages you want to delete. Above the dialog box is the delete permanently button. Click. It will then open a dialog box saying something about you cannot retrieve again. Click delete.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    Admin - how do I delete from Trash?

when I'm in the trash folder and highlight a message and click on delete, it asks if I want to send the selected message to Trash! but we're already there!

Is there a "Delete permanently" command anywhere?

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Doug Carpenter View Post
    Do messages in Trash count towards the limit?
    Yes, all messages in all folders count.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    Thanks Ellie

I have now deleted some messages to make space.

Do messages in Trash count towards the limit?

Love

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Doug Carpenter Admin_MND That's strange, I can send you a PM, Doug, no 'full' message...

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Is it possible to export messages out of the forum before deleting them, as it was in the previous software?
    Unfortunately not Doug. You could copy and paste any you want to keep into a Word document, or similarly, take a screenshot/snip, print screen into a Word document - it's not ideal...

xx

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    You're not alone in this Doug I'm sure lots of people will be interested in the answers. 👍🤗😘😍xx

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    Is it possible to export messages out of the forum before deleting them, as it was in the previous software?

Leave a comment:

• Admin_MND
    replied
    Thanks!

How do I delete messages?

Doug
    Hi Doug Carpenter, if you go into your private messages, there should be the option to tick a box on the messages you no longer want, and then select the 'Delete' button at the top of the page.

Whilst we can't see the content of your messages (for privacy reasons obviously), we can see statistics and that you have a 114 messages in total across different folders. We are able to do a bulk delete of everything in the backend for you, but would recommend you have a go at deleting first, as we may end up deleting something you'd prefer to keep.

Hope that makes sense,

Forum Admin.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    Thanks!

How do I delete messages?

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Admin_MND
    replied
    Hi Doug Carpenter

Sorry to hear you're having issues with private messages. If you could try and take a screen grab of the error message you get, that would be really helpful for us to try and find an answer.

From the settings in the backend of the forum, as you'll see below, it is set to 500 maximum stored messages. This permission determines how many private messages members of this usergroup can have in their private message folders. If a user reaches this limit then they will need to delete some PMs before they can receive anymore. So it's very strange that you're still getting a limit of only 50.

We'll spend some more time investigating.

Forum Admin.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    That's what I thought Ellie. But yesterday I wasted 2 maddening hours trying to send that pm, but being blocked by an error message saying that I had exceeded 50 and must delete some.

The old software had a very helpful coloured progress bar.

Love

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Doug, the maximum number of PMs permitted on this forum version is supposedly 500, over all folders, including your trash folder.

Are you having trouble receiving PMs?

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    started a topic Message limit

Message limit

How do I delete .messages to keep below the 50 limit?

Do archived messages count?

Thanks

Doug
Working...
X