Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login issues

Hi richard ,

We seem to have lost the thread you commented in this weekend regarding your login issues, sorry about that.

We are going to put a support ticket in with vBulletin, can we confirm was it via an iPad and on Safari you were experiencing your logging out issue on? and is this happening all the time for you now or intermittent?

Thanks,

Forum Admin
    Our working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am until 5pm

Yes apple phone with Safari. If I go away from the forum and come back later it looks logged in but if I start typing a message it then states an error or something an I need to log in. I never log out ever. All of what I’d typed is lost. In the past I didn’t need to log back in. I could dip in several times each day and never needed to log in again. It’s a nuisance now. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
      Yes apple phone with Safari. If I go away from the forum and come back later it looks logged in but if I start typing a message it then states an error or something an I need to log in. I never log out ever. All of what I’d typed is lost. In the past I didn’t need to log back in. I could dip in several times each day and never needed to log in again. It’s a nuisance now. Lynne
      Thanks Lynne K and we are really sorry for the frustration it is causing.

We have raised another support ticket with VBulletin this morning and have linked them to this thread so they can see the information you have shared.

We will share another update as soon as we hear from them.

Thanks,

Forum Admin

Comment

Thanks Admin, Lynne
        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

Admin_MND Hi. Yes it is on an iPad using Safari. Never previously had any issues now have to login frequently

Richard
          Richard

Comment

Morning Lynne K and richard,

vBulletin have asked for more information so they can investigate the issue, please see the below:

- the version of iOS running on these devices
            - are they or any other users having the issue with Safari on desktop
            - do they have the same issue if they use a different browser such as Chrome

If you could please respond to the above, we can then pass this onto vBulletin.

Many thanks,

Forum Admin,

Comment

One does wonder where exactly all that money is being spent on? 🤔🧐😁🤗xx
              Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
                One does wonder where exactly all that money is being spent on? 🤔🧐😁🤗xx
                Hi Matthew,

These are standard ICT questions.

It maybe that only a particular version of iOS on an iPad or Mobile isn't working so vBulletin need to know the above so they can see if they can replicate the problem and therefore try and fix it.

Alternatively Richard and Lynne maybe using different versions on different models, having the above information will help clarify this.

Thanks,

Forum Admin

Comment

matthew55 IT support from Admin is vital to ensure *all* users have the best possible user experience.

When the old forum migrated to this new forum it wasn't without issue with many tabs missing, too small or in the wrong place but Admin took on board our various suggestions on how to make it more fumbling fingers/eye gaze friendly and intuitive to use.

Both the forum members and Admin have the same needs and wants, ie, that the forum is as easy as possible for us all to use and I, for one, see that as a vital way to spend money. If you were having the same frustrating issues some users are having, I doubt you'd be raising an eyebrow... xx
                  ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                  Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I think you grabbed the wrong end of the stick. I think more should be spent on the forum, bringing into 2021. It is a vital link in our world.
                    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

matthew55 Correct end grasped now 😘
                      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Admin: I have only been using my Apple mobile phone so it’s their browser, called Safari. I didn’t get around to trying my iPad nor my laptop that has various browsers on it. I prefer to use my phone because it’s easier. Thanks for looking into this, Lynne
                        Last edited by Lynne K; 7 September 2021, 18:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
                          Admin: I have only been using my Apple mobile phone so it’s their browser, called Safari. I didn’t get around to trying my iPad nor my laptop that has various browsers on it. I prefer to use my phone because it’s easier. Thanks forgot looking into this, Lynne
                          Thanks Lynne K , do you know what version of iOS your mobile phone is using please?

I will wait to hear back from Richard and then will send this all across to vBulletin.

Comment

Admin_MND I use my kindle for the forum and have the same issues. The Amazon browser is Silk.
                            Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Admin I said ‘Safari’ browser, Lynne

Comment

Working...
                              X