• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graham
    replied
    Originally posted by Admin_MND View Post

Hi Graham,

As you are aware the Forum is run on vBulletin software, lots of information is available about them and the responsiveness of their platform on their website https://www.vbulletin.com/

Thanks,

Forum Admin
    Dear Forum Admin,

We can test this forum ourselves using F12. Please run Lighthouse (you may need to install ). You will find that the forum has safety problems.

Thanks.

Graham

Leave a comment:

• Admin_MND
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne K View Post

It worked last night, wow. What a relief.

I have a suspicion that my problems might have started when my browser offered to remember my log in details. That works but it needs to log in every time and doesn’t offer the ‘remember me.’ So last night I ignored the browser offer of logging me in and typed it all instead including the ‘remember me.’ Lynne.
    Fantastic news Lynne.

Yes it sounds like the browser cookie may have had an issue on your device. Really glad it is all working for you now.

Thanks,

Forum Admin

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Originally posted by Admin_MND View Post

Hi Lynne,

If you tick the 'Remember Me box' when logging in, you should automatically be logged in every time you visit the site.

Many thanks,

Forum Admin
    It worked last night, wow. What a relief.

I have a suspicion that my problems might have started when my browser offered to remember my log in details. That works but it needs to log in every time and doesn’t offer the ‘remember me.’ So last night I ignored the browser offer of logging me in and typed it all instead including the ‘remember me.’ Lynne.

Leave a comment:

• Admin_MND
    replied
    Originally posted by richard View Post
    I use IOS 14.7.1

Thanks.

Richard
    Hi Richard,

Did you see our post earlier on in the week from vBulletin? We have copied it below for reference, this should have hopefully solved the issue.

I've made a change to the site's cookies - this may force users to log in again but will download a new cookie to their devices which should counter any potential issues with a corrupted cookie.

Other than this, there's been no changes to your site in terms of login affecting settings - the session timeout remains at 7200 seconds (2 hours) so users should not be logged out within this timeframe unless something is destroying their session/cookies on their devices.

If you tick the 'Remember Me box' when logging in, you should automatically be logged in every time you visit the site.

If you can monitor this for a few days and let me know if this makes any difference.

Many thanks,

Forum Admin

Leave a comment:

• richard
    replied
    I use IOS 14.7.1

Thanks.

Richard

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    I know in the past it worked but I don’t get that tick box but next time I will search for it before logging in. Thanks, Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Admin_MND
    replied
    That’s still not good that the log in is set to around 2 hours. I had it ‘permanently’ in the past and want it that way now. I logged in once when I joined, clicked on ‘remember me’ or whatever it said. Then never had to log in again. Something must have changed and I’m not happy about it.

Thanks admin for sharing this information. Please can you ask why I can no longer stay logged in indefinitely. Thanks, Lynne
    Hi Lynne,

Many thanks,

Forum Admin

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    That’s still not good that the log in is set to around 2 hours. I had it ‘permanently’ in the past and want it that way now. I logged in once when I joined, clicked on ‘remember me’ or whatever it said. Then never had to log in again. Something must have changed and I’m not happy about it.

Thanks admin for sharing this information. Please can you ask why I can no longer stay logged in indefinitely. Thanks, Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Admin_MND
    replied
    Hi all,

Update from vBulletin below:

I've made a change to the site's cookies - this may force users to log in again but will download a new cookie to their devices which should counter any potential issues with a corrupted cookie.

Other than this, there's been no changes to your site in terms of login affecting settings - the session timeout remains at 7200 seconds (2 hours) so users should not be logged out within this timeframe unless something is destroying their session/cookies on their devices.

If you can monitor this for a few days and let me know if this makes any difference.

Please let us know how you get on Linda, Lynne and Richard.

Many thanks,

Forum Admin

Leave a comment:

• Admin_MND
    replied
    Originally posted by Graham View Post
    There are browser reviews Lynne, starting with this one.

Top 5 Best Web Browsers (2021) - YouTube

They all perform differently for technical reasons.

The MNDA should review the different browsers and be aware of potential pitfalls but it doesn't and isn't. I can't say any more without being censured. xx
    Hi Graham,

As you are aware the Forum is run on vBulletin software, lots of information is available about them and the responsiveness of their platform on their website https://www.vbulletin.com/

Thanks,

Forum Admin

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    There are browser reviews Lynne, starting with this one.

Top 5 Best Web Browsers (2021) - YouTube

They all perform differently for technical reasons.

The MNDA should review the different browsers and be aware of potential pitfalls but it doesn't and isn't. I can't say any more without being censured. xx

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Admin I said ‘Safari’ browser, Lynne

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Admin_MND I use my kindle for the forum and have the same issues. The Amazon browser is Silk.

Leave a comment:

• Admin_MND
    replied
    Admin: I have only been using my Apple mobile phone so it’s their browser, called Safari. I didn’t get around to trying my iPad nor my laptop that has various browsers on it. I prefer to use my phone because it’s easier. Thanks forgot looking into this, Lynne
    Thanks Lynne K , do you know what version of iOS your mobile phone is using please?

I will wait to hear back from Richard and then will send this all across to vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Admin: I have only been using my Apple mobile phone so it’s their browser, called Safari. I didn’t get around to trying my iPad nor my laptop that has various browsers on it. I prefer to use my phone because it’s easier. Thanks for looking into this, Lynne
    Last edited by Lynne K; 7 September 2021, 18:41.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X