Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restoring Lost Typed Text - Auto-Save Function.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring Lost Typed Text - Auto-Save Function.

I have seen various people mention losing text they have typed as a reply, only for it to somehow disappear on them. As typing can be such an effort for many of us here, I want to make sure everybody knows about the auto-save function.

If I type out text and for some reason it gets lost or deleted in error, there's an inbuilt 'auto-save' function on the forum, which saves the text every few minutes - members don’t need to do anything in their settings to enable auto-save, it happens automatically.

If you have lost or deleted text in error, refresh the page (press F5 or click the ⟳ symbol) and you should see this message on your text box:

Restoring Lost Text (2).png

Click the 'Restore' option and the saved text will magically reappear πŸ‘πŸ‘ Any text typed since the last auto-save won't appear, but most will.
    The important thing to remember is to refresh the page after you lose text.

Admin_MND I hope it's OK for me to post this topic in this sub-forum, I couldn't figure out where else it would sit and be easily found, if not, move the thread, thanks.

GillB I hope your days of frustration of accidentally deleting content are over 🀞🀞 It was your comment on another thread which spurred me into action.

Hope this all makes sense to users.

Love Ellie.
    Last edited by Ellie; 10 April 2022, 11:46.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Ellie

Thanks for this. I use it already and it works on mobile devices too.

What I actually meant is deleting on Predictable as the conversation moves on and it is no longer relevant. I find I do that all the time when in a group of two or more people, πŸ˜€
    Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Comment

Ellie thanks for that😘
      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Oops GillB my apologies πŸ₯΄ Thanks for clarifying that auto-save works on mobile devices πŸ‘

Yes, I definitely understand about chat moving on - I try to preempt the flow of conversation and say something relevant, sometimes with hilarious results, oh well 😏😍
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Thanks Ellie really useful to see posts like this, so it is appreciated!
          Our working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am until 5pm

Comment

Ellie thanks so much for this post, just what I need! Xx
            Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Working...
            X