Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choice of reactions to posts

Hi
    Is it possible to have a choice of 'reactions' to a post? As far as I can see there's only a 'like' option. On Facebook you can select 'care' as an option. Given the nature of things discussed on this forum I think that would be a good option to have.
    Thanks
    Claire

😬 Quite frankly I couldn't think of anything worse, I can barely handle the concept of a league table for Likes..

Personally speaking, I would rather this precious forum didn't emulate Social Media, as it could change the way some people would post. xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

"acknowledged" would be a handy alternative, here and elsewhere
      2020: odd symptoms. Nov 2021: Hand atrophy.. Mar 2022: Second arm atrophy - Confirmed Apr 2022: MND.
      Also Crohn's Disease from 2005ish. (Hi, I'm Dan in Cheshire)...

Comment

I would remove the ’like’ button altogether

Btw… please feel free to like this reply 😬
        Foxes Never Quit 💙

Comment

Originally posted by JamesW View Post
          I would remove the ’like’ button altogether
          I would also remove the ‘like’ button. I am not sure it adds anything on this forum. x
          Bulbar onset diagnosed Nov 21. No speech but limbs ok so far.

Comment

@anyone!! I don't have any social media platforms at all. None of the Facebook twitter WhatsApp etc. I don't understand half of it and this forum is my only time online in a community and I love the fact that it isn't like social media! Agree why the like thingy on here! X
            Diagnosed June 2022. Confirmed MND which is currently PLS. Limb onset.

Comment

Lol looks like I'm out voted!! It just seemed like it would be nice to acknowledge some posts where the like option doesn't seem to fit.

Comment

Claireflo I think I know what you mean,
                and agree when you want to acknowledge something but like isn’t quite the word. X
                Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Sometimes I press like more in agreement rather than like or like because I think something is useful or funny. Or perhaps to support what is said to save me posting something similar.
                  🤔
                  when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

^ What denise said.
                    However, I agree that "Like" does not feel like an appropriate response to some of the more heartfelt posts we get here.
                    Often better to support a thread by adding your own comment - which I often do.
                    If it came to a vote, I would support abandoning the Like button.
                    Hi, I'm Eddie.
                    Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
                    Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

I'm all for getting rid of the Like button - I had a right old moan about it when it was introduced, fearing it was a slippery slope towards a Social Media style forum which, for me, would have been a giant turn off 😬 but equally, I'm sure there are others who are in favour of the Like button. xx​

Comment

Originally posted by WheelsOfSteel View Post
                        If it came to a vote, I would support abandoning the Like button.
                        Hmmm Eddie, that gives me an idea...

Comment

I might see the like button in a different way to some. If we accept this is not a social networking site and see it as a help page for those in need then the view of the like button changes.
                          • When you wake from the anaesthetic and there is a recovery nurse holding your hand and talking to you it is a very different feeling from waking and having no contact. For me the like button is that hand.
                          • If you wake in the morning and then spend three hours plucking up courage to get out of bed so that you can get some food for breakfast and have a cup of tea. The like button is waking and seeing the tea at your bedside.
                          • When you go to the pharmacy and a lady who is thirty years older than you opens the door and offers to help. The like button is that lovely lady that has helped.
                          It is just a reassurance that you are not alone.

Comment

Add a button that says we support you

Comment

"I hear you" button. Because most of the time I feel alone and just need someone to listen
                              Diagnosis confirmed as atypical ALS Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now widespread. Powerchair user, useless left arm and clumsy right hand but generally positive!

Comment

Working...
                              X