X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serenity
    replied
    Hi Gillette.
    You sound so brave and yes I felt so alone and crippled with fear. I am sending huge huggys to you and thank you for your kind welcome.
    I hope your hospital trip is not too horrible hugs.

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Hello Serenity and Samkl,

A huge huggy welcome to each of you. I thinks hugs are so important, especially in the early stages of testing and then diagnosis of MND.

Serenity, you don't have to be brave here. It's one place where you absolutely know that members understand. I hope you also are able to believe that you are not alone. I'm in hospital at the moment and a couple of days ago I realised that the lady in the next bed most likely had MND, so I asked her. When she said 'yes' I told her that I also have it. Her first comment was a heartfelt "I'm not alone" - and that's not uncommon. I think most, if not all, of us feel like that at some time.

You'll find the forum a friendly, supportive place with a wealth of knowledge, information so don't be afraid to ask questions or to share your fears.
    Last edited by Gillette; 26 September 2019, 07:18.

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    replied
    I am glad to meet you...I pray your brother will be well..yes my husband was having difficulty breathing and our doctor had been sending him for tests for things like sleep apnea and cancer etc...but he was still trying to work through it all. thank you for your reply...I have felt so lost and scared.
    hugs x

Leave a comment:

• samkl
    replied
    Hi there Serenity,

I haven't posted a general introduction of my own yet, so responding to you is probably a bit cheeky! I really wanted to, however, as it's obvious how distressing this last period of time has been for you. From what you write this all sounds to have happened very quickly. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

I've been reading this forum for a few weeks while we wait to see whether my brother has MND or not, and I can assure you there is a wealth of knowledge and support here, so the one thing I can assure you of is you aren't alone. I don't have much knowledge or experience, but with the little reading I have done, your husband's path to diagnosis isn't common. Did he have any symptoms prior to his collapse at work? What a terrible shock for you....my very best regards X

Leave a comment:

• Serenity
    started a topic Hi

Hi

Please forgive me if I get this wrong. I have never posted in a forum before and it is a bit of a learning curve. Well it is my loving husband who has been diagnosed with mnd and I am terrified. We found out after he collapsed at work and was taken to hospital with pneumonia. The hospital had him in an induced coma and a machine breathing for him. Eventually when the flu and pneumonia cleared and breathing barely improved they flew him to a major hospital where after much testing they diagnosed him with mnd. They have operated and put a tube in his stomach to feed him when it gets to that stage. He is home now with me. Sorry if I.m not making much sense...crying... he is an amazing wonderful man who puts every one ahead of himself...works hard but also give so much time in charitable work to our community. I'm sorry I can't write more its too painful...but thank you for being here...and I send love to all who are affected by this horrible disease either directly or as family or carer...hugs
Working...
X