Jordan farrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jordan farrell

Hello my names Jordan Farrell, I apologise In advance and I’m so sorry to people with or know people with MND, I have been suffering with symptoms that have been relatively scary as I am only 23 years old, I have what feels like like heaviness/weakness in legs swallowing difficulties, breathing difficulties (feels like I’m not getting enough air) from breathing in through my nose, now I feel talking I’m stuttering and mumbling words at times, I’m really scared and panicking, I do apologise in advance
    Last edited by JFarrell96; 18 November 2019, 11:42.

Hi Jordan,

Sorry you're having those symptoms.

They don't sound like MND symptoms at all - what did your GP say?

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hi Jordan

Are you worried or stressed about anything, apart from your health worries? Although there is a slight chance that there is a physical cause for your symptoms, they sound as though they could be caused by anxiety.
      Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

Thank you for your reply Ellie, my GP laughed and said I haven’t got MND I thought it was quite rude because these symptoms are scary, I also suffer with really bad health anxiety I have fasciculations in my legs arms neck arms and hands my thumbs feel stiff at times as well

Comment

Thank you for your reply Gillette, I do suffer with health anxiety I had a panic attack on the 22nd September I’ve had 2 blood tests 3 heart ECG’s and a chest x-ray all have come back normal but I’m just really scared, I done the worst thing and Googled my symptoms

Comment

Jordan, I’m glad you recognise your mistake. Never try to self-diagnose. Please understand and respect the fact that that this is a safe, supportive place for people affected by MND. If you were to be given a diagnosis of MND (which is very improbable) we would welcome you and offer you support. In the meantime, you could ring the MND helpline if you really believe your symptoms are more than health anxiety.
            Dina

Comment

I understand that fully, I’m sorry I offended anyone I do apologise, I thought to share my symptoms and see what others may think, I have spoken to the MND helpline they told me they don’t think it’s MND, I’m currently waiting to be seen by a doctor now

Comment

Best wishes, Jordan
                Dina

Comment

Jordan, please be honest and open with your GP re your anxieties and your symptoms, and how your life is being affected, both physically & mentally.

If that GP doesn't take you seriously, change GP.

There are meds and talking therapies available to help you - anxiety can consume you and can be debilitating, but help IS out there.

You've your whole life ahead of you and I truly hope you get a decent shot at it !!

Take care.

Love Ellie.

Comment

Thank you for the reply Ellie, I spoke to a GP in my local hospital today he’s passed my notes on to my actual GP for me to be referred to a neurologist, I spoke to MND helpline today for half a hour and the lovely lady on the phone said it’s extremely rare for someone of my age to get MND, but my question is if it’s just anxiety how can anxiety be so scary with real physical symptoms, I do again apologise for being so young and asking such questions when they’re are people with MND and suffering, my heart goes out to every single person affected with MND

Comment

Jordan, yes anxiety can cause real physical symptoms.

I think you are right to see a Neurologist for peace of mind.

Whilst waiting for that appointment, for your own sake, do try and manage your anxiety.

Love Ellie.

Comment

Hello Jordan,

In answer to your question about physical symptoms due to anxiety, there is some information on the following NHS's 'Every Mind Matters' webpage (it also includes tips and advice on how to manage anxiety):-

http://https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/anxiety/?WT.tsrc=Search&WT.mc_id=Anxiety&&gclid=EAIaIQobCh MInavGhKX05QIVQbTtCh2Kqg8VEAAYASAAEgIi5_D_BwE

Best wishes,
                        Kayleigh
                        Last edited by Kayleigh; 18 November 2019, 17:17.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, my GP is very stubborn and it’s hard to get anything through him I asked him to refer me for counselling and he declined that so I know he will instantly decline for a neurologist appointment, but I’ve been to multiple doctors and they have said he’s wrong for doing so in rejecting me for counselling and it would be wrong for him to reject me to see a neurologist, thanks again Ellie you’ve been really good to me thank you

Comment

Thank you for your reply Kayleigh, I will give this a look at now thank you again! Just worried because my symptoms have been around for 8 weeks and I’m scared incase it will anything serious

Comment

Jordan, some areas have a self-referral system for mental health issues. Maybe you are in such an area.
                              Dina

Comment

Working...
                              X