Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Chimp;

I do cough up the thick stringy stuff.

I do have a nebuliser, always recommend it but never think to use it.

Will try a different juice, I did manage a ginger beer with my curry tonight but don't think it made any difference.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Yes, the nebuliser doesn't work so well when it's in the cupboard

Both pineapple and papaya juice cut through thick mucus.

Hope you can thin it and get relief.

Love Ellie.
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Thanks for the sarcasm, Chimp,

Are you saying that hyoscine patches will probably do more trouble than good?

Love Terry
        TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Yes, Hyoscine reduces saliva production so you won't swallow as muce saliva, meaning the sticky mucus could get thicker - you'd need to substantially increase your water intake.

Of course the GP should prescribe you Carbocisteine in the first place Would you let MND Connect ring her??? I can attach the relevant info sheet for Healthcare Professionals if you like?

Love Chimp xx

Comment

Went to the hospice today and the nurse there said no way to patches.

She has given me some pain killing patches to try so was reluctant to change two meds at same time.

Nurse also thought that breathing exercises would help but I'm not so sure and that will be next Friday.

I will see how weekend goes and see next week.

Thanks Chimp, love Terry

Comment

Terry,

If the Nurse can give you an LVR bag (Lung Volume Recruitment) for breath stacking, take it - they are pretty good for helping keep the lungs clear. LVR bag also called a modified AmbuBag.

And remember to keep an eye on the bowels with those pain relief patches - I know, I know, I'll shut up now

Love Ellie.

Comment

Working...
              X