No announcement yet.

Worried, need some advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ellie, hope you’re are well, I’ve tried pain killers, heat cream cold treatment,hemp , cream, foot rocker, stretching,the muscle s are so tight, I’m ok but it’s so uncomfortable, if it’s the way forward then I will suck it up and get on with it, but just wondering if there’s that relieves any bit
    love Doug

Comment

Muscle tone can get very high making the legs stiff and uncooperative! If you can't quickly bend your knees in and out, for example, then an antispasmodic medicine such as baclofen or tizanidine will help. *BUT* by lowering the muscle tone (making them softer) you run the risk of losing some functionality, so it's very important to get the dose right, which can take a few goes.

The other suggestion is to try magnesium supplements, some have a laxative effect beware.

It's likely that your gait has changed too and that is putting extra work on other muscles not usually called into action. Ideally a physiotherapist would assess you - any chance of that?

Gentle exercise can help too - pedal machine, swimming, depends on your abilities.

I take baclofen which works for me.

Best of luck.

Love Ellie.
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Thank you Ellie much appreciated x

Comment

bandersnatch
          Hi,
          Did you, or at least think that you caught covid?

Best regards,
          Dennis.

Comment

Working...
          X