No announcement yet.

Shocked New starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Stonehengeman, welcome aboard. You are lucky getting to 80ish before mnd took hold of you. But it’s horrid still. You mentioned losing your voice. Did you manage to bank your voice? If not, is there a family member with a similar voice who would be willing to do voice banking for you? If you don’t know anything about this then put ‘voice banking’ in the search messages box and plenty of posts will come up to give you food for thought. I’ve got to leave off now because we’re going for a drive. I may be back later. Take care, Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Thanks Ellie, I'm already on the case with a file that myself and Mrs B have put together for every stage. The local MNDA rep called this morning too. Everything seems to be moving quickly. Did you do a voice bank? Andrew

Comment

Oh I'm glad your Wingwoman is going with you tomorrow

Yes, things do move quickly at first - so many disciplines to meet for baseline measurements etc., then it eases off.

No I didn't get a chance to do voice banking - that was back in 2007, a lifetime away in technolgy years!!
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I am also ex services (Army) and have only 3 years to go to get my state pension, but I have tried to make the best of what I have been given, very similar to all the postings I had in the Army. try to stay positive.
          Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020
          Both arms/shoulders affected, left worse than right.
          Progressive Muscular Atrophy suspected

Comment

It seems Bulbar is a common theme and being one I really appreciate it. 😊

Comment

Working...
            X