X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sue1
    replied
    Hello Gill
    Lovely to hear from you but I’m sorry for your news. What tests are Dave having. Mark had an EMG which confirmed his MND diagnosis.

If I can help at all please feel free to message me as much as you like.

What symptoms does Dave have at the moment. Is it the swallowing issues if their looking at bulbar issues?

Take care
    Sue x

Leave a comment:

• Gilamon
    replied
    Hi Sue
    I'm sorry to hear about Mark's situation. My husband Dave was diagnosed last December with semantic dementia and he is likely to also have bulbar onset ALS - we're still in the process of having this diagnosed. I've read a lot more about FTD than MND.
    Gill xx

Leave a comment:

• Sue1
    replied
    Hello Ellie

I will contact my local branch thank you x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Hi Sue,

Have you contacted your local MNDA Branch? They might be able to put you in touch with another partner in the same position as you.

If you don't know details of the branch network, the list is here: https://www.mndassociation.org/suppo...port/branches/

You aren't the only one fortunately/unfortunately.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Sue1
    replied
    Thank you Miranda for your reply. Yes,hopefully someone will reply. Surely we can't be the only ones?......

Leave a comment:

• miranda
    replied
    Welcome to our forum Sue. I don’t have any personal experience but hopefully someone will be in touch with some answers for you. On more general matters related to MND please don’t hesitate to ask questions or seek support.

Leave a comment:

• Sue1
    started a topic Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD) and MND

Frontotemporal Dementia (FTD) and MND

Hello Everyone,

My name is Sue and I care for my husband Mark who has FTD MND. From what I have read I know there is a strong connection between the two conditions, but I don't actually know anyone who has both. It would be really nice to chat to anybody who is in the same position as me and my husband.

We live in Iver, Buckinghamshire and we are under The Neurological Hospital at Queen's Square but also getting help from a team at Amersham Hospital.

Take Care
    Sue x
Working...
X