Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in the UK. Had MND slow for 18 months. Right side leg about 20% left, right hand about 65% left. Voice on the phone, struggling Word wise. Spent a life doing DIY so difficult.
    regards
    Lodgy
    Starts
    29 July 2020
    Ends
    29 July 2020

Welcome to the Forum, Lodgy.

Even though your progression is slow, it's still very hard to cope with function loss.

Sorry to hear your speech is affected - if you haven't discussed communication Apps with your SLT (Speech & Language Therapist) it's advisable to.

Take care.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hi Lodgy and welcome.

You may wish to explore this option for speech. It is free for pwmnd and even if your voice is poor they can repair it so that it sounds like you when using the speech app. As an example I used my recorded voice last night to host a family quiz as quizmaster and everyone was pleased with the results. When living with MND we have to explore all the technology to enable us to have a better quality of life.
      https://www.speakunique.co.uk/record
      Best wishes,
      Barry
      I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Re speech, thank you for advice.
        regards
        Dennis

Comment

I’ve recently acquired Speech Assistant app - it’s easy to use and the best one I’ve ever used

Comment

Hi Lodgy and a warm welcome to forums. I’m glad that you already have speech app advice. Good luck, love Lynne
            ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
            I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Working...
            X