Hi Everyone First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dee and welcome to the club.
    Let me know how you get on with your shaver. I got a flash one and it’s just not very good.
    Best wishes Jerry

Comment

Hi Jer
      it is not going well.

I think I need to search how to shave someone else with shaver, also how to know pressure and such when it is not you.

All the best

Donna

Comment

I do the shaving here too and although I want to say i'm great, I'd be lying haha. Practice makes perfect, however with all of lockdown to practice, I don't think I'm improving too much. I'm 'far too gentle' apparently but you're right, when it's not your own face, I don't want to hurt someone in the process, so a good pressure is key. I'd say it's a skill. I always kept telling my partner 'look if it goes badly, it's hair, it'll grow back hahaha- we're trying our best.

What I am good at is teeth brushing. Got this in the bag. It's the little things

Comment

I can brush my teeth but I cannot feel if they are clean and I can't rinse my mouth or spit. Happy days. x

Comment

Hi Dee, I’ve got the Phillips’s series 9000 and it’s great. Head face everything and no worries about pressure. It really does rejuvenate you a good old shave and shower. I can hardly wait for every second Sunday 😂.
            Currently getting a wet room installed and logistically it’s been a nightmare Installation while showering in Mams en-suite has resulted in a couple of falls lately.
            I’ll have to start a different thread when the room is finished to give my final thoughts.
            Best wishes Jer x

Comment

Shaving and haircuts have been a challenge! I am lucky we don’t go out much because the first few haircuts were like punk rock , while I was trying to get a more classic look. I watched a how to video and I think I am doing better. Fritz keeps asking while I shave him or cut his hair..are you done yet?
              toenails and fingernails are a whole different matter... scarey to do on someone else!

Comment

Hi Betty and welcome to you and Fritz.

Your post resonates with me as my wife cuts my hair, although this doesn’t take long as there is nothing on top. She refuses to have anything to do with feet and my strength is failing. I recently bought a pair of sharp nail clippers and proceeded to cut my own toenails but managed to draw blood on both big toes. After much family nagging I have now found a visiting chiropodist.

Best wishes,
                Barry
                I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Thank youBarry for responding!
                  why are toenails so scarey to cut on someone else? Fritz flinches and resists when I tackle him to do it🤣good idea of your wife that get someone in to do it

Comment

I cut Thomas' nails (feet and hands). I have a special curved set of sissors. I did my grandad's for years. Also insist the hands and feet are soaked first to soften. I do it weekly so they don't need much and use a file to smooth the edges. Need to keep an eye on them as the fingers are very curled, waiting for special compression gloves as the first 2 lots were too small. I did offer to varnish the nails as well, for a complete mani/pedi but Thomas declined that.

As an update regarding shaving, Thomas is growing a beard as it didn't work out, he is not very happy with this but I think he looks dashing.

Comment

One of my fondest memories is the time I got a full pedicure and manicure. Bliss! 😊x

Comment

Working...
                      X