No announcement yet.

Hi all, My first post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone, my name is Alan and I was finally diagnosed last Thursday. As a positive it got my family all together for the fist time in ages and we got to meet and hold our 13 week old granddaughter for the first time.
    I am expecting my medication to arrive tomorrow. I am 65 still work for myself and hope to continue to do so for as long as practical. I look forward to talking to many of you over the coming months and hopefully years.

Comment

Hi Steve,

A warm, if belated , welcome to the forum from me. I am so sorry for your diagnosis ... It's so shocking and overwhelming at first so it's not surprising you have alot of unanswered questions.

The forum is a good place for friendship, support and advice from people who understand. It sounds like you have a good sense of humour and that will help you... we need it !

It's hard to wait for mobility aids we need but you should see wheelchair services to assess your needs. They were recommending an electric neuro chair for me before I was ready to accept I needed it !

Take Care of yourself,
      Love Debbie

Comment

Hi again Ellie,
        We’ll have to stop meeting like this or people will talk.
        Thanks for the link will try out the various suggestions there.
        Kind regards,
        Steve

Comment

hi steve
          my husband is called steve and he also complains of needing to go to the loo. we should have asked the doctor last time we saw him but we forgot so would be interested to hear what you find out from the wee person. He might have just gone to the toilet and not long sat down and he curses that he has to go again.
          my daughter bought two walking sticks to help him with his walking/balance but all i get from him is that he is alright or he is ok. infact he had the cheek to say it made him worse! no idea how he figured that one out. he has had three nasty falls. 2 happened after walking down stairs. it was really odd he just seemed to collapse so if anyone has any ideas as to why that might happen i would love to know. thing is he has never fallen going upstairs which i thought would be more tiring.
          ive just been reading the comments about mobility and i cant believe it. why cut off at 65? madness. surely if it helps to get people about then age shouldnt come into it but hey what do i know. if you can still work but need to drive and we dont retire until - well i cant retire until 67 so its plain stupid - where do we complain?

Comment

Working...
          X