Emg ncs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emg ncs

Hi all. I had my n.c.s and emg yesterday it was so upsetting. I've waited 7mths to have it done. My emg was clear nothing shown on it. She did both my legs one arm neck tonge. All clean. Not had report about n.c.s yet I think I will get results when I see neurologist in spetember. Am still worried though I still have weird heavy feeling in my shoulders and arms feel weak and wrists feel limp. I feel like am wearing a heavy coat of lead it's really strange. Can you still have mnd if your emg is clear many thanks

Originally posted by Flowers71 View Post
    Can you still have mnd if your emg is clear
    What did the Neurologist or Neurophysiologist say when you asked that question yesterday?

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I didn't ask the question Ellie I was to upset yo ask. Sorry am not here to rub things in. I had heart attack due to what my doctor told me when I seen him and he told me I had hyperreflexa in both legs and it was mnd. It was horrible am sorry xx

Comment

An ALS diagnosis is not made on the basis of EMG test results alone, but after clinical exams, diagnostic tests and a person's symptoms, so by having hyperreflexia does NOT mean you have ALS/MND.

Your post reads you were upset because your EMG showed no abnormalities??
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

No far from it. I was in a mess and was upset with the whole thing. I go to see neurologist on Monday. I hope he can give me answers to all my worrying symptoms. I've started to have twitching spasms in my diaphragm over the last couple of days which concerns me more to the fact that even though I had clean emg am worried it might be bulbar or respiratory onset. And still get this presure feeling in my shoulders arms Etc feels so heavy I get it on and off most days. Sometimes it lasts for hours. It really it worrying.
          hope you are well and thanks for your reply x

Comment

Working...
          X