No announcement yet.

My first post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Richard, currently only my arms are affected, lucky so far I guess.
    Still working from home, until I get back to University in September and an occupational health assessment will surely find me unable to do my job (technician in resources).
    I have found the forum useful since I was diagnosed in January this year.
    Dave
    Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020
    Both arms/shoulders affected, left worse than right.
    Progressive Muscular Atrophy suspected

Comment

Nick, a warm welcome from me too. I’m glad that you have had good support. How are you feeling since it’s only two days since you came out of hospital after having your feeding tube fitted? Which type did you have done? The reason that I’m asking is that I have enquired about having this procedure done but haven’t heard back from the consultant at Salford yet.

I hope that you have a very enjoyable last golf day. I hope that you will have a friend with you to take some pictures. Lynne
      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
      I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Hi LynneK,

thankyou for the welcome.

I-had a rig fitted which is what I wanted. It was done under a local anaesthetic. The most discomfort was from putting a very small tube down my throat to pump air into my stomach for placement of the feeding tube. I only needed paracetamol for 24 hours after the op as a painkiller.

I was in hospital for two more days.

I understand a PEG puts a camera down your throat into your stomach to help place the feeding tube. having had a camera put down my throat before...I did not want to experience that again.

The MNDa has a good set of videos on feeding tube fitting and experiences. Well worth a watch if you are considering a feeding tube.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Nick

Comment

Hi Nick. SNAP! We are on a similar road and my observation is an apperent lack of knowledge in the professional medical service of our plight. That said I am very happy with my feeding tube and don't miss washing up! 😂

Comment

Working...
          X