Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Susy
    Welcome.

You will get a lot of support on this forum from so many people. Learning how others deal with the same issues is a great help.
    Its a strange group in so much none of us really want to be here, but we are, and that’s important.

Take each day at the time and find something to smile about each day. As my wife says ‘ We have to laugh or we will just cry’

Richard

Comment

Hello Susy H

When I told my Mumsy, brother and sisters I said to them to only shed happy tears... This has helped me when I become tearful and despite the tears when I say happy tears I smile 🙂
      I have the ability to cope with this and I can still be the best person I can be. This is my life - if I am happy others around me are happy too

Comment

Welcome Suzy!

A wedding is always a good occasion to look forwards to!

My partner was diagnosed in January and we still have many overwhelming days here and there so I completely get the raw emotion you're feeling. There's a lot of information to retain to begin with. But there's many individuals with different progressions on here and therefore a good array of answers.

Tess
        x

Comment

I am recently diagnosed and can’t blow my nose well as I have muscle weakness of the mouth. Any tips please?

Comment

Originally posted by rachelr View Post
            I am recently diagnosed and can’t blow my nose well as I have muscle weakness of the mouth. Any tips please?
            I don't have any answer, Rachel, but welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone else will have suggestions.
            Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

I have had that problem since the start and the way I deal with it is getting man sized tissues in bulk. 😊x

Comment

rachelr Welcome to the Forum, Rachel, sorry you've had to join us.

I use a sea water nasal spray to loosen things up and then do something which kind of resembles a nose blow, ably assisted by a willing carer 🙂 I find this better than a decongestant.

If your breathing and soft palate are good, you could try a salt water nasal wash, but do take care.

Love Ellie.
                ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hello Racheir, I do hope you receive some good advice from this forum which will help you... I send you best wishes
                  I have the ability to cope with this and I can still be the best person I can be. This is my life - if I am happy others around me are happy too

Comment

I’m a Salford patient and waiting for an email from them to start MND Smart. My neurologist told me at my last clinic appointment that they were having a meeting about it on 17th Sep and they’ll contact all of us who are registered soon after. Nothing yet though. Lynne
                    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
                    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Working...
                    X