Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diagnosed March - upper body weakness

Hi All,

I have been reading the posts and conversations and am very pleased to join the group.

i was diagnosed in March 2020, my condition is mainly upper body at present, this is challenging as my muscle weakness has been rapid.

In March I could drive, make a hot drink, dress myself, shower and exercise in the gym, now none of these are possible.

Although this disease is challenging, I am grateful for my faith in God and when reflecting I know that he has been there for me every step of the way throughout my life, in fact I could write a book about it!

Some people live a long life but when reflecting the majority has been unhappy, with me it has been the opposite, my life, wife, children, friends, associates, Doctor, MND Association, Shakespeare Hospice, Care Team and even my neighbours have been 100% - so I remain positive and happy knowing that God has a plan for everyone and he has one for me.

I am looking forward to taking part in group discussions, sharing and learning.

Wishing you all the very best - physically, mentally and emotionally.

Regards,

Chris

Welcome Chris - you're certainly the first member who has declared themselves to be "very pleased to join the group" !!

I too am a naturally positive and happy person, which makes for a more fulfilling life.

Love Ellie.

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I am not alone ... All the best to you
      Last edited by [email protected]; 15 November 2020, 15:08.

Comment

Hi Chris, welcome to our forums. You certainly aren’t alone on this horrid journey. It’s good that you have enough support since you were recently diagnosed. Chat soon, hugs from me, Lynne
        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
        I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Hi Chris welcome to our community

Comment

Thanks for the kind welcome message Lynne & JD58 - all the very best to you both

Comment

So Sorry to meet you Chris 😃

Comment

Hello Chris and a warm welcome from me.

You will find support and friendship here.

Best wishes,
                Barry
                I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Many thanks for your kind words Matthew55 & Barry52 - very best wishes to you both too!

Comment

Hi Chris and a warm welcome from me.
                    Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Thank you Gary - you are spot on, a bit of humour is key 👍🏼

Comment

Hi Chris,

A warm welcome to our friendly forum from me. I'm so sorry for your diagnosis. The early days are overwhelming and there is such alot to take in. I'm glad you've found us because there is always someone on here who really understands .

It sounds like you have great support from your friends and family so that will really help you, as will your positive and upbeat attitude. I try to be cheerful too and take each day as it comes
                        (although I have my down moments !)

Take Care of yourselves and hugs to you,
                        Love Debbie x

Comment

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum. Very glad to hear you are feeling so positive and well supported. All the best x
                          Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

Thanks so much for your positive and kind words of support Deb and Heather - much appreciated, wishing you both all the very best! 👍🏼XX

Comment

A really lovely introduction. Very nice to meet you. You are very welcome to join in we talk about anything unless of course you get unapproved 😉

Comment

Working...
                              X