Diagnosed March - upper body weakness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Chris,

A warm welcome from me too. Delightful to have somebody starting out on this forum who is cheerful – I was also really cheered up in our Winchester and Southampton virtual coffee morning yesterday by a guy who is now tetraplegic but can still talk given he has breathing support 24/7.

I note you seem to be godly and hope you don't mind a comment from somebody who is a long-term atheist but who believes in use it or lose it and that keeping cheerful depends crucially on the support I have in my life and keeping busy – for example I just taken on a new voluntary role as it's been my passion in life to have at least 3 of those all the way through since I became a consultant
    Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder– Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

Hi Chris, I believe we are under the same palliative care team(Shakespeare Hospice etc) and like you I find the health professionals very supportive. Also I too have strong catholic faith, supportive family and friends that all contribute to making this journey a lot easier so far. I believe we have the local MNDA zoom support group tomorrow which is also a great help. Welcome to this group.I have found it a great forum to share experiences, advise and witness many members being a listening ear to so many on here. Best wishes Mary.

Comment

Thanks Andy & Mary C - I appreciate your support.
        Best wishes to you and your loved ones. 🙏🏽

Comment

Hi Chris, sorry about you having to join us on this horrid journey. It’s good that you have supportive people around you. Take care, Lynne
          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
          I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Working...
          X