Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

My Mother has recently been diagnosed with MND and fronto temporal dementia. It's all such a shock. I just wanted to introduce myself. Thank you. Becky.

Welcome to the Forum, Becky.

Sorry to hear of your Mum's diagnosis - a diagnosis of MND is shock enough, add in FTD and I'm sure your head is all over the place...

It will take time for you to come to terms with everything and I hope your Mum has good community support.

Be kind to yourself.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hello Becky and welcome. My mum got Altzimers and it was the hardest three years I'd ever had. Time is so precious to us. Please ask anything and someone here will have an answer. Stay Strong Matthew x

Comment

Hi Becky. I’m very sorry about your mum’s diagnosis. As Ellie said your heads must be all over the place. Usually we all come to terms with MND but FTD is another ball game. Very hard for you both and for any other family members. But you have found a good place for help, support and friendship. Ask whatever you want and someone will usually get back to you soon. Take care, Lynne
        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Hi Becky and welcome, I’m sorry to hear about your mum. I had a good friend with MND and FTD who was fun to be with as his adventures were often hilarious. I remember one story where on holiday with his carer his scooter trapped a lady’s skirt and dragged her off. No one was injured but the story made us laugh.

I know you must be distraught but try to find the best for your mum.

I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Hi Becky
            welcome. Nice people here so pop in anytime and we'll be here for you.
            Denise xxx

Comment

Hi Becky
              You are amongst friends here. You can ask what you like, say what you like and shout as much as you like. There will always be someone with an answer and advice or words of support. Welcome to this horrible but lovely club

Richard
              Richard

Comment

Working...
              X