Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do people have them before or after eating

Comment

I have mine before food. Initially I just tried to take it 12 hourly not worrying if it should be with food or on an empty stomach. There wasn’t anything on the drug information sheet either way. However if you look online suggests one hour before or two hours after food

Comment

Daniel, fat interferes with Riluzole's absorption, so avoid taking it with or near a meal, that said if it upsets your tummy, you could take it with a few dry crackers (if safe) rather than not take it. Caffeine, cigarette smoking and certain meds affect its elimination.
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

10am / 10pm. Give or take 30mins - if you miss one don’t double up, just wait till your next time slot
          As long as there’s golf and beer I’m happy

Comment

Hi Danny,

yeah I had quite a few side effects from the riluzole- especially in the first month or so, mainly tiredness & nausea, but things have eased off over last few weeks.
            my MND nurse just told me to cut my dose down to one tablet a day if things get too bad.

Comment

Good morning Danny,

I'm among the lucky ones who didn't have any initial symptoms but given you are having some trouble it is well worth following the rubric of having blood tests to make sure it's not hitting your liver
              Warmly

Andy

​Diagnosed 03/2015. One sided limb onset (arm) sporadic PMA/MND - now 50% left arm and 90% right arm, plus other bits including left shoulder– Campaign contact Winchester and Southampton branch, and trustee of the Association

"Things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out"

Comment

Hi Daniel welcome to the last house forum

Comment

Hi Daniel wouldnt bother with Riluzole , why put yourself through side effects for an extra couple of weeks or so. Daft...

Comment

Daniel, just to balance out the above post...

Real World Experience for Riluzole shows much greater efficacy than was found in the very short-term clinical trial study periods.

It is, of couse, up to each individual as to how they manage their condition, but nobody who opts to take Riluzole is "daft".

Love Ellie.
                    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I had no side effects on riluzole and it slows down the progression of the mnd for months shown by. recent research as Ellie states

Comment

Working...
                      X