Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone, I my name is Margaret I was diagnosed with MND just before Christmas 2019 I had been noticing different things like a dropped foot, and I fell over a few times before I went to my GP who referred me to a falls clinic. They gave me exercises to do but I started to trip up quite a bit after one of these falls I was given some tests Since then my arms and legs have become weaker. I can’t even write, I used to enjoy knitting, making cards and various other little things to pass my days away. Anyway I look forward to hearing from you on this forum xx

Hello Margaret, welcome to the place where you can get and give advice, act daft, be serious but most of all be yourself.

Comment

Welcome Margaret. The best bit about being on here is the support that is freely offered. 👍😁x

Comment

Hi Margaret - we're with you

Comment

Welcome Margaret, lots of friendly support and advice on the forum

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Margaret. Hopefully with a diagnosis in 2019 you have come to terms with it a little by now. Lots of friendly helpful and humourous folk here.
            Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Have you got plenty of support from healthcare professionals?
              Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Lovely to meet you Margaret - sorry it's under such circumstances though...

My mum also loves her knitting and crafts, talents which I definetly didn't inherit 😥, and I know how much they mean to her, so I'm desperately sorry your hands are losing some dexterity and function.

Anyway, a warm welcome to the Forum and hope we get to know more about you.

Take care.

Love Ellie.
                ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hi Margaret. I hope you will feel a sense of understanding and belonging on this forum. It’s so good to have people who truly understand what you’re going through. Lizzie x

Comment

Hello Margaret
                    welcome to our merry little band
                    s
                    As long as there’s golf and beer I’m happy

Comment

Hi Margaret, sorry that you had to give up your crafts. I had to the same as well as give up hill walking. I sold two knitting machines, both electronic and excellent condition. I used to knit socks too with 5 needles. Sad to loose all that. But I’ve made up for it with the hundreds of books that I’ve read (approx 150 since lockdown started). I’m looking forward to us chatting, love Lynne x
                      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
                      I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Hello and welcome Margaret.

We often find that when we loose one ability we find something new to adapt to. I hope you find your’s soon.
                        I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Hi Margaret
                          it's lovely to meet you though the circumstances could have been better. I hope we hear from you and you get to feel at home. We are a big cross section of the community with the main aim to be there for each other.
                          love and hugs Denise xxx

Comment

Hi Margaret, welcome to the forum.
                            I only joined recently and I am sure you will find plenty of help and advice here.

Comment

Hello Margaret and powdav, plenty going off on here, good bad and ugly!!

best wishes

Comment

Working...
                              X