Introducing Me!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Ashleigh welcome to out little group,
    Like you I started having problems with the little things buttons, scissors and went through carpal tunnel and RSI eventually landing on ALS, I am on slow progression, so hoping you are too. The first few months are scary , we’ve all been there. It’s normal. Take your time to accept it, You will be told we are all different but we all face the same problems along our paths,. So someone on here should be able to give support and advice. Remember you are not facing this alone now you have joined our community, visa not required.
    shaun
    As long as there’s golf and beer I’m happy

Comment

Hi Ashleigh,

A warm welcome to the forum from me. I'ts good you've got an appointment at an MND clinic because hopefully you will get the practical support you need.

I am obviously so sorry for your diagnosis but I'm glad you've found us ! The forum is a good place for friendship and support from people who really understand.

If you have any questions please ask as there is usually someone with an answer or someone who can point you in the right direction.

Take Care of yourself,
      Love Debbie x

Comment

Hello Ashley and welcome to our group.

You will find great support and advice from our members and you only have to ask. Reading your messages it would appear that the physiotherapist picked up quickly on your symptoms and the referral for tests was quicker than normal, albeit you speeded it up with a private consultant. I did the same and diagnosis was confirmed by a second opinion under the NHS. If you need to give up work then we can advise on the benefits that you will be entitled to but in the meantime you have enough going on to process the future.

Best wishes,
        Barry
        I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Welcome Ashleigh to the ‘club’ no one wanted to join. Here you will find a lot of help, support and ideas from those of us on this journey of from those supporting their loved ones. Feel free to ask whatever, nothing is out of bounds, and you will get support.

Take care

Richard
          Richard

Comment

Hi Ashley
            nice to meet you. I hope you feel welcome and happy to join in. Nice bunch of people here.
            Denise xxx
            when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Working...
            X