X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deb
    replied
    Hi Douglas,

Well done for your perseverance and patience with the mask. You should feel proud of yourself. However, the food doesn't sound like home standards so I really hope you get home soon.

Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Oh dear, Douglas, something tells me you are not happy with the hotel you've been booked into. Seriously, though, I can understand your frustration with how things are going. I do hope things improve on all fronts and you are soon able to return home.

Leave a comment:

• Dis1960
    replied
    So after another 8 hours overnight in the mask I haven’t heard anything about the CO2 levels

And yes breakfast was Toffee Vitality yoghurt and a cup of tea

Leave a comment:

• Dis1960
    replied
    Kayleigh, the choice for breakfast is of various cereals from cornflakes to all bran, porridge or toast but yogurt can be requested

The soft menu main meals manage to look and taste weird e.g. tuna bake which is tasteless e.g. mac’n’cheese which had no discernible cheese content. The small baked potato is good as are the small tubs of ice cream
    Last edited by Dis1960; 3 June 2019, 07:41.

Leave a comment:

• Kayleigh
    replied
    Hi Douglas,

Toffee yogurt with mashed banana is my favourite breakfast - yummy! ... and if you add some whipped cream, it tastes almost like a banoffe pie! LOL

I know the NHS isn't renowned for offering a wide selection of menu options - but hopefully they are giving you more than just yogurt to eat!

I hope everything is going well with the ventilation and mask.

Best wishes
    Kayleigh

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Originally posted by Dis1960 View Post
    This evening they used toffee yogurt YUK
    Oh, yeuch...

Leave a comment:

• Dis1960
    replied
    Originally posted by Gillette View Post
    but my BP would go sky high at the thought of having to eat strawberry yoghurt!
    This evening they used toffee yogurt YUK

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Hi Douglas,

Good news that you are tolerating the mask so well.

As for your BP, "White Coat Syndrome" is a well-known phenomenon. I don't have White Coat Syndrome but my BP would go sky high at the thought of having to eat strawberry yoghurt!

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    That's great re tolerating the mask overnight Douglas - it should make a positive difference to your overall wellbeing by increasing your energy levels, appetite and improving your emotional state.

I'm the same re BP! Put the cuff on me in a hospice, hospital, or even by my GP in my own home, and my BP shoots up

If you do have sustained high BP, at least it's easily and successfully treated with meds.

Any mention of fitting a feeding tube during this inpatient stay?

Take care.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    That is good to last 8 hours, dis,

Tell us what pressures etc, it won't mean a lot to me but handy to have a record and Ellie knows About it.

I reckon your blood pressure issues are mostly to the stress.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• Dis1960
    replied
    I think it’s being in hospital as the GP didn’t voice any concern about BP

Well I tolerated 8 hours in the mask until woken for blood pressure readings and blood gases sample from the ear lobe

For today the pressure from the Nippy 4 has been upped a smidgen and I’ve got through a test hour with that OK

Oh and the b.p. medication is administered in spoonfuls Of strawberry yogurt

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Hi Dis,

Hope you are getting on with the mask. See if there's any pressure areas and ask their advice about it and any other concerns.

Have you developed higher blood pressure since you have been in there?

Would not be surprised because its hard and stressful for many of us in hospital.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Sorry about that Dis. Hope that medication sorts it out. Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Dis1960
    replied
    It never rains does it..now high blood pressure

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Originally posted by Dis1960 View Post
    I mentioned that my nose is almost permanently blocked with catarrh
    Hi Dis,

Nice they changed your mattress when you were reasonably comfortable.

Sometimes our noses get blocked because we breathe through our mouth when asleep.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

Working...
X