Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catsparkle
    replied
    Hi Douglas, a warm welcome. I was diagnosed in September and I'm starting to have big chunks of the day when I almost forget about MND, but things are up and down for a while. I hope you find the adaptations that suit your needs and make life easier for you xx i feel for your wife and send love x My mum can barely cope with it, bless her (I'm 45)
    Lisa x

Leave a comment:

• shrew
    replied
    hi Douglas welcome . my Husband Mick was 58 when he was diagnosed on 17/7. ( he turned 59 2/10)

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Hi Douglas and welcome.

Sorry about your diagnosis. As Andy said, it's an emotional roller coaster BUT things do settle down and you'll have laughs again!!

I'm sure you've found Apps for text-to-speech and, if your hands aren't up to typing, there's eye gaze tech which gives full PC access (I'd be lost without it)

Hope you've good support.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• AndyB
    replied
    Hi Douglas,
    Welcome to the place you'd rather not be. I was diagnosed in 2016 at the age of 58, I'm a software developer working increasingly from home prior to my earlier than planned retirement in January.

I completely understand the feelings you have for your wife with this. After a few weeks of emotional roller coaster I came to terms with the situation but my wife seems to really struggle.

Good luck with your fight against MND, there are some really nice people on this forum who will give you useful advice.

Stay positive and keep smiling (that's what I do).

Andy

Leave a comment:

• Dis1960
    started a topic Hello I’m Douglas

Hello I’m Douglas

I’m 58 and this year have had a few trips/falls; lost a lot of weight and saw my speech dwindle to almost unintelligible.

The GP thought either a stroke or MND so signed me off work ( I have been a software engineer) from the 18th September for six weeks

I was given the clinical diagnosis of MND at Salford Royal last week and am waiting for the MRI scan results.

I really feel sorry for my wife In all this xxx
Working...
X