No announcement yet.

Hello all,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a busy week, Wednesday we had a visit and assessment with the NHS environmental controls team who showed Caroline some amazing apps that will enable her to control the TV/Sky box, the home telephone, her NHS bed, the riser/recliner chair and even her iPad all from one big yellow button. On Thursday another assessment for a Neater arm support, a bit fiddly to start with but soon Caroline got the knack and was able to lift her arms and even scratch her nose 😉. Finally on Friday the second ‘fitting’ for her motorised chair. Further adjustments needed for this but she should have within the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Brilliant Martin. I’m glad that this is sorted.

I will ask about riser/recliner being added to my housemate controls. They put our tv and two lamps on it and installed a front door intercom. It was attached to a phone and the basic two button device on the table by my chair but we disconnected the phone because everything rang at the same time which was way too much. I bought some Phillips lights and their hub so that I can put some lights on either on the app on my phone or by asking Alexa to put them on or off.

My right hand is deteriorating fast so I’ll ask about a neater ester too.

Lynne
      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

MartinB wow what an amazing week. Hopefully this will have given Caroline and you a big lift. All these things do make a massive difference everyday.

Hope Caroline isn’t to weary after all that.

Take care

Comment

MartinB Great to see things working out for Caroline. I know from personal experience how anything which makes us more independent is so important to us. x
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Working...
          X