newly diagnosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newly diagnosed

hiya all. new member and diagnosed last week with bulbar onset MND. Since last year I had a suspicion that it could be MND and have known since December of the testing for it. Obviously it did not soften the blow when I had the diagnosis last week. I had done my research though and this group helped me alot in reading peoples struggles, views and insight etc so I thank you for that.

shelly21 Welcome to a group that no-one ever wanted to join. Here you are amongst friends who have or whose partners or families have this horrible disease. Feel free to ask whatever you like, nothing is taboo or silly. We support each other and have all laughed and cried together.

Take care my friend and keep smiling as difficult as it is at the moment.

Richard
    Richard

Comment

Hi Shelly welcome to the forum where when you are ready you can ask anything or just chat with friends that understand

Comment

Hello Shelly21

Really sorry to read this - I sympathise, we are still trying to come to terms with this for Dad... but it is difficult for me to know how it feels for everyone personally.... x
        Carer for Dad - MND (ALS) 22/4/21 and Mum Alzheimers 26/5/21.

Girding my loins and grinding my battle axe for them both... https://forum.mndassociation.org/cor...ilies/wink.png

Comment

Hello Tracy. Since you've already been on the site for a while you've perhaps had a chance to get get know people on here. Even if diagnosis suspected it doesn't make it any less of a bombshell. x

Comment

Hi Shelley, Welcome to the site and hope you find support from its members.It’s a shock when diagnosed and I remember a year ago when I was diagnosed.Initially I just did what I could practically until I felt ready to ask anything .
            Best wishes
            Mary

Comment

hi shelly

warm welcome to you. i hope we can help you come to terms with this horrible disease. my husband was diagnosed 2 years ago. its not an easy journey but we all work and laugh together here and try to make things a bit easier for each other.

love and hugs
              denise xxxx

Comment

Hi Shelly and welcome to the place no 1 wants to be !!
                i 2 was diagnosed recently with bulbar onset unfortunately but that’s me now just have to learn to live with it , it is gonna be hard but we got this keep your head up and I’m sending u all my love n hugs x

Comment

Hi Shelly and welcome from me. I’m pleased that you have found the forum comments supportive and your contribution is most welcome.
                  I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Hi Shelly, in my opinion, you are with an informative group here, they have certainly helped me out.
                    Diagnosed 2nd Jan 2020
                    Both arms/shoulders affected, left worse than right.
                    Progressive Muscular Atrophy suspected

Comment

Hello Shelly, ask away!
                      Husband Albert diagnosed PMA Feb 21

Comment

A warm welcome to you Shelly.

Look forward to getting to know you.

Love Ellie.
                        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hi Shelly and a warm welcome to the forum from me.

I am so sorry for your diagnosis.. its such a shock even if it is suspected. Well done for making your first post because its not an easy thing to do. As you have seen the forum is a good place for friendship and support.

Take care of yourself,
                          Love Debbie x

Comment

Hi Shelly. Welcome to forums and as others have said ask away.

You certainly must be shocked to your core about your diagnosis. We are all here to help you and one another. Hugs, Lynne x
                            ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. Like you all know i am trudging through the massive list of sorting stuff like home adaptations, benefits etc. But i am finding it better that i can read your stories etc and gain tips.

Comment

Working...
                              X