• Show
Clear All
  • Ohitsstoppedworking
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2021

Hi all

Ok my name is john and I’m 45,

I have 4 beautiful kids with my wife.

I have had 2 neurologist consultants diagnose me with MND. The results of the EMG test have come back with abnormal results across my whole body but predominantly down my left hand side. I currently have about 50% muscle wastage in my left arm and fasciculations in both arms, left neck, left back and both calf muscles.

I have been going through various tests since April 21, but was confirmed on Thursday July 21.

I do not yet know which type of MND I have but have no problems with speech, swallowing, or walking…….but obviously this is early stages.

I think that’s it for now, but would like to say your all amazing, there are some truly determined people on this forum. Xx
  • EvelynMW
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2021

May you stay in the early stages for years to come! It is possible.
    Mum died with MND in 1979 – My sister and I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from mum. Reckon my MND started sometime in 2018.

Comment

• matthew55
      Forum Member
      • May 2020

Welcome Ohitsstoppedworking to the place no one wants to be but I'm glad you found us. 👍🤗🤭😄xx
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

• PeterPan
        Forum Member
        • Sep 2020

Ditto what matthew55 said. I’m glad you found us and you’ll find lots of understanding and support here.
        Diagnosed October 2020 - See my blog at https://www.myneurodiary.com

Comment

• Ellie
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2012

Ohitsstoppedworking A warm welcome to the forum John - nice to me you and your wife too (great photo!)

Love Ellie.
          ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Shaun
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2020

Hello John and welcome to this exclusive club
            s
            As long as there’s golf and beer I’m happy

Comment

• LindaB
              Forum Member
              • Jun 2021

Ohitsstoppedworking Hey and welcome sorry about your diagnosis...yes some great people on here and it really is amazing how generous forum members are offering advice and sharing experiences about all things MND (& a lot of non MND chit chat)😉👍
              Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

• denise
                Forum Member
                • Jun 2020

hi john

really nice to meet you. hope we make you feel at home here and i hope you join in with questions and suggestions. its lovely to hear from everyone.

lots of love and hugs to you and your family
                denise xxx
                when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

• Gordan1111
                  Forum Member
                  • Jan 2021

Warm welcome John

Comment

• Lynne K
                    Forum Member
                    • Nov 2017

Hi John, welcome to our forums. I too hope that your symptoms stay on the early track for a long time. If you feel up to some forward planning then how about starting voice banking whilst your voice is still good? It would be in the bag for if needed in the future. Love Lynne x
                    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• Ohitsstoppedworking
                      Forum Member
                      • Jul 2021

Thanks all for the kind words of wisdom xx. It’s much appreciated.

I obviously have questions, but I think I need a bit of time to learn how to navigate this forum and read some of the other posts to see if they have been covered.

Thanks again

Comment

• Deb
                        Forum Member
                        • May 2018

A warm welcome to the forum from me John.

So sorry for your diagnosis but I'm glad you've found us ! The forum is a good place for friendship and support so ask any questions.

Love Debbie x

Comment

Working...
                        X