• Show
Clear All

• Lynne K
    replied
    Good luck with a solution Sarah. Love Lynne x

Leave a comment:

• Gordan1111
    replied
    Hi Sarah92 - I don't think you should assume the worst. The neurologist said he didn't think it was mnd, I don't think he would have said that lightly. There are all sorts of other neuro conditions that it could account for symptoms. xx

Leave a comment:

• Sarah92
    replied
    Hi all I’m really struggling and besides myself right now. My swallowing is becoming evidently a problem, choking often on food and liquids, unable to swallow phlegm stuck in the back of my throat. Muscle twitches are more frequent and stronger and now have them in my throat. With all my symptoms combined I know I have this awful disease and it is progressing quickly, I don’t know of anything else that could cause all this. I have been referred to speech and language my appointment is two weeks away. I’m really struggling to cope 😢

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    EvelynMW probably covid means you're on a list for everything ,so she'll be doing the eternal wait,I'm surprised I'm not on a list for cat food ,it's like gold dust!, getting the one gizmo likes and he doesn't like many!

Leave a comment:

• EvelynMW
    replied
    No further posts - i wonder if that means a verdict has been given and it is not MND. Does anyone know?

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Sarah92 View Post
    I have my anxiety and stress under control thanks to antidepressants
    I don't think you have Sarah and you're not being kind to yourself by trawling the internet.

Give the internet a wide berth until after your EMG test, results and consultation and look after yourself. xx

Leave a comment:

• Sarah92
    replied
    Hi I’ve had my blood tests back and all are normal, the past few days I’ve become very fatigued and have lots of pain all over. My muscles feel very stiff especially my face muscles, the movement in my forehead muscles when I raise my eyebrows is very slow (if that’s makes sense) I know there are different types of mnd but can it really progress this quickly, there’s lots of contradicting information with regards to symptoms and progress, I have my anxiety and stress under control thanks to antidepressants so I am thinking logically about all this, I’m just very concerned x

Leave a comment:

• Gordan1111
    replied
    Hi Sarah - I think blood tests mainly to rule out some some thing else , if see what I mean x
    Last edited by Gordan1111; 7 August 2021, 15:37.

Leave a comment:

• Sarah92
    replied
    Thankyou all for taking your time to reply, honestly this forum has a been a pillar of support for me during these stressful few weeks and I can’t thank each of you enough. Of course the neurologist saying he doesn’t think it’s MND has lifted my spirits although I am still anxious as to what all this could be and to what the tests will show, I have had the requested blood tests this evening so I shall wait for those results in the meantime. If these results provide any indication would the neurologist call me or would he wait for the emg results also? Thanks again x

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Hi Sarah, that sounds like positive news for you.Thank you for keeping us posted.

I'm no expert so I can only write about my own experiences. The first time I saw a neurologist he gave me a very thorough clinical examination and arranged further tests.. emg, lumbar puncture etc. I had had MRIs to rule out back problems. I pushed him to tell me what he suspected. He did say most people don't want to know at this stage ( and called my husband in so bad news ! ) and said he thought I had MND. We knew then really !

So a normal examination sounds like good news. I know how hard it is to await tests so hopefully you won't have to wait too long.
    In the meantime try and relax,
    Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Gordan1111
    replied
    Hi Sarah - as he's a neurologist and gave you hands-on examination it sounds hopeful. Emg should indicate more. You'll have to wait till neuro notifies you of results. Persons who do it often good sources of info x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Sarah92 Even if he is not an expert in motor neuron disorders, a neurologist is the expert in performing motor and sensory examinations, checking relexes and observing you, so the fact that you had a normal clinical exam is great news for you. xx

Leave a comment:

• Sarah92
    replied
    Hi all, I saw the neurologist this morning, such a lovely gentleman. My appointment only lasted 15 minutes, he asked me questions about symptoms and did some muscle strength examinations and reflexes. He said he doesn’t think it’s mnd but is going to do an emg and blood tests to get a definitive answer. As a private neurologist referred me to him and mentioned possible mnd, when he referenced mnd he didn’t seem like he knew much about it. I told him I have noticed change in muscle size etc and he didn’t check me for any of that. Am I over thinking this that he may not be as experienced in diagnosing mnd or would he know by examining me that it could be that x

Leave a comment:

• Sarah92
    replied
    Thank you for your advice, I will update once I know more x

Leave a comment:

• Gordan1111
    replied
    My neuro appts took about an hour. Prob want to examine you (so best wear loose clothes), and take medical history. Might want to take bloods unless already done. x

Leave a comment:

Working...
X