Newbie Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Alert

Hi everyone, I'm in my 10th year of battling MND, well I say battling but more like living with, it's a really bad relationship! Anyway, just thought I would say hello.

Hi Daniel Fudge-Harman 10 years that's a long time in a 'really bad relationship' gives me some hope. Glad you decided to say hello...nice to hear from youπŸ‘
    Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Hello Dan - welcome to our of select club

Comment

Hi, yes 10 Years. I thought I could share information and findings over the years and hopefully make some friends along the way!

Comment

Hey Gordan1111 thanks. I always wanted to be part of an elite club but not sure this is the one I was aspiring to!

Comment

Daniel Fudge-Harman A warm welcome to the forum Daniel, or do you go by 'Fudge'? (yumm yumm)

Congrats on reaching 10 years - which form of MND have you? You appear to be still working πŸ‘πŸ‘

Love Ellie.
            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Hi Daniel and a warm welcome to the forum from me.

Its lovely to hear from you. We are a friendly, supportive team and I'm sure you must have lots of good tips after 10 years.

OK..all I can think about is fudge atm.

Love Debbie x

Comment

Hey Daniel Fudge-Harman happy ten years birthday dude. πŸ‘πŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ˜‚xx
                Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Hi Daniel,
                  Well you must have learnt to cope with many changes.Glad you joined the forum.
                  Best wishes
                  Mary

Comment

Hi Daniel, you're very welcome here - I'm also sure you'll be able to help a lot of people given your experience over ten years.
                    Diagnosed October 2020 - See my blog at https://www.myneurodiary.com

Comment

Hi Daniel. 10 years, wow. Great to hear that you reached this sign post. You’ve found a smashing place to share, give and accept support, rant occasionally if if helps, laugh and make friends. Welcome aboard. Lynne x
                      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Hi Daniel a warm welcome to the forum from me too πŸ€— Janette x
                        Janette x

Comment

Thanks everyone, appreciate the warm welcome.

Ellie I have slow progressive sporadic MND, so currently have no mobility, can eat and drink normally, speech is starting to get slurry but still working full time running my business which keeps me busy and distracted. I'm currently on a trial in America, and have been for two years. If anyone wants to ask questions then give me a shout. I'm not sure how this forum works or how to reply to individuals but I'm learning.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Fudge-Harman View Post
                            Ellie I have slow progressive sporadic MND
                            I meant ALS, PLS? I'm thinking you are upper motor dominant at least, given your symptoms and super-slow progression, which is great - long may that continue 🀞🀞🀞

Good luck with your drug trial. xx

​

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Fudge-Harman View Post
                              I'm not sure how this forum works or how to reply to individuals but I'm learning.
                              You're doing a good job so far πŸ‘πŸ‘ xx

​

Comment

Working...
                              X