This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many thanks Mary

I hope you are keeping well ,here is my results from my emg /nerve conduction test carried out in November last year , still haveing worsening symptoms, is it advisable to get second emg _nerve conduction test carried out privately 9 months down line .

All my respect and many thanks

Craid
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

• I've just got to find out what it is for my own peace of mind , never had any health issues until this started.

Comment

• Here are my emg /nerve test results carried out at end off November 2020....wold it be advisable to get a second one carried out due to the worsening symptoms.

All my respect and thanks.

Craig
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

• Hi., can 10mg amitriptyline have a effect on emg results as I was takeing these at the time off emg test in November.

Many thanks

Craig

Comment

Remember this, there is something called psychosomatic symptoms that you should be aware of. That is where you worry about what is going on and become hypervigilant about symptoms, which literally may actually cause twitching and swallowing issues. Relax, take it easy for a few months, and enjoy life.

Wait and watch, and see what happens. If your primary care physician notes progressive weakness or muscle wasting/atrophy, I would ask for another EMG. If not, ask for further diagnostics to find out what is causing your symptoms. This is not a sprint, and it is normal for diagnosis to take some time for MND. It took years for me.

From the 1st EMG I had, there were abnormal results. You have a clean test, note that there were no fasciculations recorded, no fibrillations, and all of the MUPs were normal. These indicate denervation and reinnervation which is how ALS/MND will progress. As axons die off via Wallerian degeneration, the body tries to regenerate them via sprouting, which is what fasciculations/fibrillations and MUPs will show. The only other explanation would be an inexperienced examiner, but the doc you posted shows he is a professor, so that would be unlikely. Remember, I am not a doctor, only share my experience, ok?

Comment

• Many thanks johhny

I'm just very worried , I served in british army for many years and thankfully got out with out a scratch on me , I dont drinck or smoke and keep myself fit, it's just the not knowing that is chipping away at me , I'm self employed and have young family, me and wife have been together for 27 years and she knows something is wrong.

God bless and all my respect.

Craig

Comment

I can hear you. Sometimes, it is next to impossible to deny something is wrong. That is a part of life. I take a lot of comfort in a piece by Max Waggerman called Desiderata. When I get down, I read it out loud to myself. Look it up. Enjoy

Comment

• Thanks matey

Just read it , lovely read.

Comment

Yes is helpful to try and maintain karma in times like this, when world feels like falling apart

Comment

It's like having a cough and convincing myself that I have lung cancer. Pointless πŸ€”πŸ˜•πŸ˜‰πŸ§xx
                      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

• My original neurologist has sent me for a second opinion with another neurologist in Birmingham tommorow, I asked if a second emg,nerve test will be done ,he said no as the one carried out in november 25th 2020 came back clear , I wonder what this neuro is going to say.

Comment

All the best mate

Comment

• Many thanks Gordon

I.thought a normal emg nerve conduction test indicates that you dont have this disease, I'm no neuro or dr , just a lay man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cae1977 View Post
                              I.thought a normal emg nerve conduction test indicates that you dont have this disease,
                              I am very confused now πŸ€”πŸ€” If that is what you think, then why do you still believe that you have an MND after your EMG was normal??

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                              Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

• Sorry ellie, I didn't mean to.confuse you ,I'm confused myself with the neuro, hes sent me for a second opinion with a lead neurologist, but my emg results are normal .I asked him why a second opinion, he said just to make sure .

Sorry for the confusion

All the very best .

Craig

Comment

Working...
                                X