No announcement yet.

Struggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JoJo if you contact your local council office and ask for the reablement team they will assess your dad over a period of weeks in the home - this is free and they will assess exactly what care your dad needs.
    An adult social worker will help with this and will factor in time for you which is so important.
    Ironically my partner was the opposite and did not want help , he objected to Carers in the house, eventually he saw how Carers improved my life and his.
    Love Jane xx

Comment

DeeH Thank you for your reply, yes stubbornness & strongly independent can be tricky! The Covid situation has made me very angry, it’s definitely robbed my dad of his social life & freedom. I’m so glad you are getting the help you deserve & a well deserved break. Take care x

Comment

Originally posted by Jojo View Post
        DeeH Thank you for your reply, yes stubbornness & strongly independent can be tricky! The Covid situation has made me very angry, it’s definitely robbed my dad of his social life & freedom. I’m so glad you are getting the help you deserve & a well deserved break. Take care x

Thanks Jojo

Had to move twice in the last year, this has eaten into the time we should have spent enjoying our time.

Thankfully in the last month moved into a housing assocciation flat, with a wet room.

After 5 months of no showers for my husband and I was sleeping on the floor (couldn't sleep if not in same room and he was in a hospital bed in the livingroom)

Still having to fight for outside access as the wheelchair "accessable" ground floor flat, has a massive lip on the front door and bizzare wooden humps between the rooms, that I have to heave the wheelchair over.

The ability to mentally give over care for my husband to the lovely Hospice at Home folk, is amazing.

Buying loads of old series on DVD and a subscription to Audible helps, keep Hubs entertained.

Best wishes

Comment

Working...
        X