Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nettie
    replied
    Ellie thanks will try tomorrow later on though I’ve got hospital appointment tomorrow, will let you know how we get on πŸ‘ Janette x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by Nettie View Post
    Been left with a remote control, don’t know what to do it
    Would these help? xx

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    Originally posted by Piglet View Post
    Nettie. The chap who put our gerberit toilet in set up the remote control for it so we were able to use it straight away. The remote has to be activated which he did for us. It’s great when up and running
    Thanks piglet πŸ‘ x

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    [QUOTE=Ellie;n66938]
    You mean you weren't given the control pad?
    Been left with a remote control, don’t know what to do it πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ He told Phil to just use it manually x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    We’ve just had a geberit fitted but been told just to use it manually until we are shown how to use it
    You mean you weren't given the control pad? πŸ€”

Leave a comment:

• Piglet
    replied
    Nettie The chap who fitted the Gerebit (from the council)activated the remote control for us. It great once up and running. We were given the manual also on the day it was fitted

Leave a comment:

• Piglet
    replied
    Nettie. The chap who put our gerberit toilet in set up the remote control for it so we were able to use it straight away. The remote has to be activated which he did for us. It’s great when up and running

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Oh, I'm glad. I'd visions of you grabbing the bar, the bed tipping over and you left floundering on the floor like an overturned tortoise πŸ˜₯

So, good luck tomorrow and don't do the above πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    On my all singing and dancing bed. First try out tomorrow morning. Wish me luck! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜πŸ˜xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
    Today I got a bit put on my bed to help me get out of bed.
    On your inflatable bed? xx

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Today I got a bit put on my bed to help me get out of bed. It's only taken me 22 months. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜…πŸ˜πŸ˜xx

Leave a comment:

• Sarahw
    replied
    Hi Sue and welcome. It’s very difficult in the early days to think ahead and spend wisely. My most beneficial spend was on a ceiling hoist. I had one put in my bedroom as well. It still means I am independent in using the toilet, having a shower and getting in and out of bed. My OT was always bemused by me doing it myself but for me that was essential. I do have someone who can help but really try to avoid it while I still can. I know it’s a tremendous amount to think about but never hesitate to ask. All the best. Xx

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    But who actually shows you
    YouTube xx

Leave a comment:

• Nettie
    replied
    We’ve just had a geberit fitted but been told just to use it manually until we are shown how to use it πŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ But who actually shows you πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ They’ve not even left a manual πŸ™„ what is the point? 😬

Leave a comment:

• Suefromwakey
    replied
    Hello Debs, Actually we have the high toilet 500 and someone came and Albert was measured up for a shower/commode chair which does fit over the high toilet - When we had the wetroom conversion done,

down side is I am only 5' 2" so my feet dangle but I have to say if ever I try to get on someone else's toilet (Standard height) I don't half notice the difference - I have gotten used to the high one!

Originally we wasted 2 grand on "Doing" the bathroom up for him - including our first high rise loo - all to be ripped out less than a year later when we had to have the wet room done.

My guidance to you Sue is get adaptations to look at your facilities before you lash out any money

Best wishes

Sue

Leave a comment:

Working...
X