Hiya Folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya Folks

Hi Everyone - new guy here. Just got diagnosed on 22nd Oct 2021, so this is a whole new world for me. Things started back in November 2020 when I realised I could not run any more because my left ankle had "gone all wobbly". I'm a 56 year old married chap with 2 grown up sons. Looking forward to hearing from you all.
    Hi, I'm Eddie.
    Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
    Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Hello WheelsOfSteel Sorry you've joined us. Lots to think about. Take one day at a time

Comment

Hi and welcome to the crazy gang
      It's all funny

Comment

Warm welcome WheelsOfSteel and I'm sad to meet you but glad to know you. You've found the very best place for help, advice, support and love. Remember there's no such thing as a daft question. Stay Strong and Stay Sane. πŸ˜πŸ€—πŸ˜‚πŸΊxx
        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

A warm welcome to the forum WheelsOfSteel .

I'm so sorry for your recent diagnosis. You must feel very shocked and overwhelmed at the moment as there's such a lot to take in in the early days.

The forum is a good place for friendship and support so when you're ready ask any questions. I know its easier said than done but try to take one days at a time and not look too far ahead.

Take care of yourself,
          Love Debbie x

Comment

WheelsOfSteel A warm welcome to you and the wobbly ankle.

Sanity is overrated and, even if you're sane to start with, dealing with the system can quickly take it away 😏😍 😘
            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

WheelsOfSteel welcome to the forum....where all the best people meetπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜πŸ˜‰
              Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Hello Wheels, I suppose at least you know now whats wrong.............the waiting is horrendous,

All the best

Sue
                Husband Albert diagnosed PMA Feb 21

Comment

Thanks for the kind greetings folks. I look forward to getting to know you.
                  Hi, I'm Eddie.
                  Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
                  Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Hi WheelsOfSteel
                    Gosh you must still be in shock.Give yourself time and hopefully health professionals will contact you to discuss the support on offer.
                    Its a confusing time as your head will be full of emotions and questions.Just ask on this forum if you want to discuss anything related to MND .When I was diagnosed I found this forum was a great help especially as in covid times there were no face to face support groups.
                    Best wishes
                    Mary

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of support on this forum

Comment

WheelsOfSteel Hi, welcome aboard. I hope that you have good support. If you feel ready for it have a think about doing voice banking whilst you still have good speech. Your Speech and Language Therapist ought be able to advise you. Lynne
                        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Hello wheels
                          and welcome to the club
                          s
                          As long as there’s golf and beer I’m happy

Comment

Working...
                          X