Hi, I’m Sue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Susie View Post
    Both feet kept lifting off the footplate and I was left dangling very uncomfortably.
    Sue, I guess you're using a standing hoist and sling?

I use a standing hoist and, from my experience, feet lifting off the footplate could be because:
    - The sling is in the wrong loop, hook or not on as it was on Thursday.
    - Your sitting position was too high to start with, so your feet were not firmly planted before you started standing.
    - The hoist is set up for a taller person. (But, given the hoist was used on Thursday without issue, this is unlikely, unless they were changed after use or weren't secure)

Do you think any of these may explain your dangling dilemma? xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
      Sue, I guess you're using a standing hoist and sling?

Do you think any of these may explain your dangling dilemma? xx

Yes, well trying to. We have the correct coloured loops of the sling as instructed. The hoist hasn't been altered and the wheelchair isn't height adjustable.

I'm wondering if the sling needs to be pulled through a bit more between the legs. No idea really, it's a mystery. We almost got to give it another go today, but everytime we were about to try, sling in place, either the phone rang or a visitor dropped in so we gave up 🤣. We will give it a go tomorrow and if not successful my OT is back at work on Tuesday so I'll give her a call. Don't like to be defeated though.

Thanks for the advice 🤞xx

Comment

Yahoo, got the stand aid and sling cracked. We had the sling too high, just needed to get it tucked further under me 😊

Comment

Susie Welcome! You’ll get genuine support here from people who will be new friends soon. I echo what’s been said about attitude. Positive mental attitude and acceptance are so important in my view.
          Diagnosed October 2020 - See my blog at https://www.myneurodiary.com

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
            We had the sling too high, just needed to get it tucked further under me
            Oh that's good news Sue 👍👍

Does the sling go under your bottom too or just under your arms/around your torso? xx
            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

It goes under my arms, around my waist and under my legs too, but not under my bottom x

Comment

Welcome 🤗 Fab people on here ☺️
                You have come to a warm friendly place. I've learnt a lot in a relatively short time
                Take it steady x

Comment

Welcome Sue
                  It sounds like you have a lot to deal with but you are working your way through it all and you will always find wonderful support and advice on this forum.
                  My previous Consultant has now retired, but advised from day one that, in her long experience, those who remained positive did so much better with this illness.
                  All the best
                  Olivia🙂

Comment

Working...
                  X