No announcement yet.

Hello i would like to chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hairbsb welcome to forum. I was diagnosed with mnd als bulbar onset in July 2019. I have just had to look up bulbar palsy, as wasn't sure what it is. Looks like similar symptoms to what I have in the bulbar region. Sympathies and solidarity! A shock I'm sure, and difficult to accept if confirmed. Certainly a big challenge, but helped a lot by love and kindness of family and friends, and support from people on this forum. Love, Heather xx
    Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset.

Comment

Hairbsb I was signed off work over a year ago as my speech was so slurred and not walking well. I am no longer able to type with both hands now either. Even though my diagnosis is still not "firm" I have been told nothing else is being considered so have ended up telling people (work, family, children) but that was really hard to do.

I hope your work are supportive and you can get through this limbo period soon - when is your follow up appointment? xx

Comment

I do hope soon. Only went this Tuesday for the pre diagnosis. My tongue is making it hard to chew food. I eat so slowly now

Comment

Just felt like saying hello. My husband had a collywobble over our situation this morning. As I said previously we are currently taking it in turns to breakdown.

Comment

Hi Hairbsb, I'm also new to the forum. I was diagnosed in August 2021.

I think the emotional rollercoaster is so difficult, I find one day I'm okay and feeling positive and then the next I I feel quite the opposite. It does seem to go hand in hand with my fatigue, the more fatigued I am the less optimistic I feel. It's good that you and your husband are taking it in turns as you can support each other when the other is in need. It's such a changing condition it would be impossible to get through it without emotional upheaval. I have found great comfort from reading the posts on here and I love that so many are optimistic and good humoured.

Comment

Tabbycat love your name btw . I have two black cats both are rescue. Kelsey has three legs (we had to have her) and Shadow is her fur brother. Yes humour is key and even though my speech is slurry currently I love to find something to laugh about even if it is myself.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

We all have good and bad days. It goes with the territory. Stay Strong. 💪😁🎂🤗xx
                Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Aww, lovely photo Hairbsb

We had a tabby cat and a tortoiseshell but both departed this world at the end of 2020 (brother and sister aged 18) hence the name. After much deliberation, we have just adopted two rescue kittens, now aged 5-month I'll try and attach a photo, not done that yet on here so fingers crossed!!
                  Lily (black & white) and Marvin, brother and sister.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

matthew55 am trying to be upbeat, doing wordle, messaging here and awaiting a consultants appointment with apprehension

Comment

Tabbycat what beauties. I have never had kittens before. Shadow is nick named fat boy slim haha and Kelsey's nick name is Isha melz. I will explain why and hope you get my warped sense of humour. So the song ebenezer goods lyrics says eezer good eezer good hes Ebeneezer good. So I say Isha Melz Isha melz with the same tune haha

Comment

Working...
                      X