Cat lady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat lady

Hello, I've been around on here for almost two months now. I've been plucking up the courage to say something. I haven't had a diagnosis as my GP only referred me at the end of December xx
    Last edited by Cat lady; 20 January 2022, 13:52.

Hi Cat lady here's hoping it's not the diagnosis that you fear. πŸ™
    Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Hello Linda and thank you for replying xx

Comment

Hello and welcome
        Hope it all turns out OK for you but if not your among friends
        It's all funny

Comment

Thank you Keno xx

Comment

I know well where you are. Stay Strong Cat lady πŸ™€πŸ˜»πŸ’ͺπŸ€—xx
            Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Thank you Matthew, by the way I love your jokes xx

Comment

Cat lady hello there. I hope that your diagnosis turns out to be something better than MND but if it is you’ll have us to support you as we do for each other xx
                ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Hello and welcome. I hope you do not have to wait too long for a diagnosis and hope it is not the one you dread. x
                  Bulbar onset diagnosed Nov 21. No speech but limbs ok so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lady View Post
                    Hello, I've been around on here for almost two months now. I've been plucking up the courage to say something. I haven't had a diagnosis as my GP only referred me at the end of December xx
                    Welcome but I hope it turns out to be a false alarm.
                    Diagnosed 18th May 2021 with sporadic ALS. Limb onset. Terrified of not being able to breathe easily.

Comment

Thank you all xx

Comment

Hello Cat lady - I hope you are seen quickly and you get good news. This is a lovely, friendly group for support x
                        Diagnosis confirmed Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years ignored/ misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now mainly left side, speech and some loss on right side too.

Unable to walk unaided (powerchair user), poor speech, left hand behaves like a drunk toddler but generally positive and determined.

Comment

Cat lady A warm welcome to the forum.

Was it your GP who mentioned the possibility of you having an MND or through your own research? xx
                          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Hello Ellie, I had been having muscle twitches and pain and stiffness so I mentioned it to my GP and asked if she would refer me and she did xx

Comment

Hi Cat lady . A warm welcome to our friendly group.

The worry and uncertainty are so stressful. I really hope your symptoms turn out to be something different but if not we are here for you. Xx

Comment

Working...
                              X