No announcement yet.

A clothing question for ladies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

matthew55 I think my husband might object…
    Diagnosed December 2020 with lower limb onset ALS, now involving hands and arms.

Comment

matthew55 - it is very strange having another man do up your bra when you are married and have been for over 20 years...
      Diagnosis confirmed Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years ignored/ misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now mainly left side, speech and some loss on right side too.

Unable to walk unaided (powerchair user), poor speech, left hand behaves like a drunk toddler but generally positive and determined.

Comment

In the hospice, I'm often showered and dressed by male carers - odd at first but, hey ho, I'd rather not stay in the same PJs for 2 weeks. 😏🙂😘
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I only bother with a bra in summer time 😏👍👍

Comment

Ellie - still just about independently washing and dressing. But my physio does my bra after my sports massage. Was very unnerving the first time, but I'm sure I will get used to all these things.
            Diagnosis confirmed Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years ignored/ misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now mainly left side, speech and some loss on right side too.

Unable to walk unaided (powerchair user), poor speech, left hand behaves like a drunk toddler but generally positive and determined.

Comment

I can't offer much to the discussion, but it brings back happy memories of how I mastered undoing a bra with one hand in my younger days
              Hi, I'm Eddie.
              Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
              Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Reminds me about the wonder bra. Once you have removed it you wonder where the breasts had gone! 😉🤔😂😂xx
                Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

WheelsOfSteel and matthew55 you have both made me laugh with your comments 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by WheelsOfSteel View Post
                    I but it brings back happy memories of how I mastered undoing a bra with one hand in my younger days
                    Agreed...but those with three hooks and eyes were a bit tricky sometimes!

Doug

Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Carpenter View Post

Agreed...but those with three hooks and eyes were a bit tricky sometimes!

Doug
                      Love it that you're posting on the lady's clothing thread Doug Carpenter AKA milk tray man !

matthew55 and WheelsOfSteel . Youve made me smile 😃 ☺ today xx

Comment

Thanks Deb

Memories, memories ....

Doug
                        Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Carpenter View Post
                          Memories, memories ....
                          Shouldn't that be mammaries, mammaries ... 😉😂😂

Comment

Very good naughty Ellie - made me titter.

Hugs

Doug
                            Diagnosed April 2017

Comment

Working...
                            X