Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

Hi all,
    In my in-laws family there were two cases in last 15 years. The state of science on this subject became a kind of obsession for me, so I started a blog about neurodegenerative diseases and wrote an obscure book about it.
    As English is not my native tongue, I am sorry for the strange sentences I may write. My writing style is not fun to read.
    My intention is to read a lot and not participate.
    I am a retired R&D engineer, so I am interested in technologies and applied sciences.
    Jean-Pierre

Welcome to the family. Sorry to see you but Happy you're here. πŸ™πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘¦πŸ€—πŸ˜˜xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Hi Jean-Pierre ☺️
      Foxes Never Quit πŸ’™

Comment

From the age of about 12, until the age of 62, a number of investigations, always negative, or wrong.......

2018, 1 finger on left hand curls up when being used
        End 2018, visit the worst doctor in our surgery. Clear blood test. "maybe a tendon is being over stretched"?
        Mid 2019, left hand is weaker, folding up of middle finger more frequent. Doc gets X-rays of hands. Small growths on top knuckles. I ask, "does this explain weakness?" No.
        Does she, (better doctor) suggest cut her action? No.

A few months later, I ask for a referral. Eventually, August 2020, a diagnosis! How exciting!!!
        No, not upset, feel relieved! I'm not a hypochondriac!!!!
        Mum died with MND in 1979 – My sister and I have a wonky gene, probably inherited from mum. Reckon my MND started sometime in 2018.

Comment

Working...
        X