Yet another new forum member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another new forum member

Hello, I have been visiting this forum every day since my diagnosis in November, but was feeling too timid to introduce myself until now. I have already gained so much useful and practical information, as well as being encouraged by the positivity of the majority of members. It has really been a huge help, so thank you to everyone! I am trying to stay positive and am determined to keep doing everything I can, for as long as I can, while accepting there are going to be many changes and difficulties as I progress. So far my hands are mainly affected, with a little weakness in my legs and my voice gets very tired at times, usually after talking too much. I look forward to contributing a bit more to the forum from now on.
    Diagnosed November 21, ALS limb onset, started in right hand June 2020

Welcome Jane

It is a great support for me as a carer for my husband. Sorry you have joined the club.

Best wishes

Donna
    Donna

Carer for husband Thomas, diagnosed with MND of Fail Arm Type in July 2020.

Comment

Jane A warm welcome to the forum Jane and thanks for taking the brave/daunting step of making your first post - I know it's not easy...

My onset site was also a hand. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Love Ellie xx
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Hi Jane and welcome. Glad you braved your first post. Xx
        Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Jane Hi and welcome. I am fairly new here too but, like you, have gained a lot of useful information from this forum. Sorry you have to be here. xx
          Bulbar onset diagnosed Nov 21. No speech but limbs ok so far.

Comment

Hi Jane welcome. Good to see you are keeping a positive attitude,it isn’t easy at times.

Comment

Hi Jane welcome to the forum
              Last edited by Tabbycat; 15 March 2022, 21:13. Reason: Pressed post by accident, before finishing post!
              Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

Jane welcome and glad you've introduced yourself....look forward to reading your postsπŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ»
                Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Hiya Jane
                  Welcome to the gang.
                  Hi, I'm Eddie.
                  Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
                  Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Warmest welcome Jane very happy you made this decision but very sorry you're here. We are always here for you. Stay Strong. πŸ’ͺπŸ˜ŠπŸ™β€οΈxx
                    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Hi Jane, don't worry the first one is the hardest!

It sounds like you and I had a similar onset and I love your attitude, I think positivity really helps with this disease.

Rich

Comment

Hi Jane and a warm welcome to the forum.

Well done for making your first post which is the hardest. Im so sorry for your diagnosis but im glad you've found us as it's a good place for friendship and support.

Take Care,
                        Love Debbie x

Comment

Jane Well done and welcome! Acceptance and positivity are both really helpful in my experience although both are hard to sustain at times
                          Diagnosed October 2020 - See my blog at https://www.myneurodiary.com

Comment

Hi Jane πŸ‘‹
                            Foxes Never Quit πŸ’™

Comment

Hi Jane you sound very similar with onset to my husband. Its a great group full of useful advice, humour(which we all really need) and friendship.

Comment

Working...
                              X