Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Leicestershire

Hello everyone,

My name is Graham I'm 56 and have just been Clinically Diagnosed a week ago with MND.
    I already have a form of Spina Bifida and have been a Wheelchair User for the last 3 years.
    I noticed a year ago that both my arms were gradually getting weaker,so I was firstly referred to an Orphopaedic,then a Rheumatology Consultant.
    After an EMG Test and several MRI scans i was referred to Neurology,where the diagnosis was made.
    Obviously it wasn't the outcome i was expecting,but at least now I have an answer.
    I don't know how long I have left,but I'm going to make the most of everyday now,and spend the time with my Wife.
    Last edited by GSJT_65; 19 April 2022, 20:54.

GSJT_65 A warm welcome to the forum Graham.

Sorry you've had to join this exclusive club, but it's a great place for help, advice, support and having a laugh - yup, that's right, life goes on and we do laugh 😏

Love Ellie xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Welcome Graham. You are in the right place for support, friendship and advice. πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ€—πŸ˜€xx
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Hi Graham, I am sorry you have joined us, but here you will find so many amazing, helpful and friendly people. In the month since my diagnosis I have been overwhelmed by the support I have found here πŸ˜˜πŸ˜€

Comment

GSJT_65 welcome Graham....look forward to hearing more from youπŸ˜‡πŸ‘πŸ»xx
          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Hi Graham,

Always great to meet a fellow Leicester lad (shame it has to be on here though ☹️). Welcome to the group.
            James
            Foxes Never Quit πŸ’™

Comment

GSJT_65 welcome to the forum where you'll find useful advice, humour and support.
              Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder and hand function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

Welcome to the group Graham. That’s the attitude to have. Live life as much as you can.x

Comment

Hi Graham and a warm welcome.
                  Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Hi Graham
                    think everyone has said what I was going to say. But lovely to meet you.
                    denise xxx
                    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Working...
                    X