Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Leicestershire

Hello everyone,

My name is Graham I'm 56 and have just been Clinically Diagnosed a week ago with MND.
    I already have a form of Spina Bifida and have been a Wheelchair User for the last 3 years.
    I noticed a year ago that both my arms were gradually getting weaker,so I was firstly referred to an Orphopaedic,then a Rheumatology Consultant.
    After an EMG Test and several MRI scans i was referred to Neurology,where the diagnosis was made.
    Obviously it wasn't the outcome i was expecting,but at least now I have an answer.
    I don't know how long I have left,but I'm going to make the most of everyday now,and spend the time with my Wife.
    Last edited by GSJT_65; 19 April 2022, 19:54.

GSJT_65 A warm welcome to the forum Graham.

Sorry you've had to join this exclusive club, but it's a great place for help, advice, support and having a laugh - yup, that's right, life goes on and we do laugh 😏

Love Ellie xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Welcome Graham. You are in the right place for support, friendship and advice. πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ€—πŸ˜€xx
      Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Hi Graham, I am sorry you have joined us, but here you will find so many amazing, helpful and friendly people. In the month since my diagnosis I have been overwhelmed by the support I have found here πŸ˜˜πŸ˜€

Comment

GSJT_65 welcome Graham....look forward to hearing more from youπŸ˜‡πŸ‘πŸ»xx
          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Hi Graham,

Always great to meet a fellow Leicester lad (shame it has to be on here though ☹️). Welcome to the group.
            James
            Foxes Never Quit πŸ’™

Comment

GSJT_65 welcome to the forum where you'll find useful advice, humour and support.
              Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

Welcome to the group Graham. That’s the attitude to have. Live life as much as you can.x

Comment

Hi Graham and a warm welcome.
                  Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Hi Graham
                    think everyone has said what I was going to say. But lovely to meet you.
                    denise xxx
                    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Working...
                    X