Newly confirmed diagnosis of ALS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newly confirmed diagnosis of ALS

Reading the posts it all sounds pretty desperate.

Josephine A warm welcome to the forum Josephine.

No, ALS isn't an easy one for sure, but you'll find lots of help, support, advice, love, laughs and life on the forum.

Love Ellie xx
    โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

Hi Josephine

Welcome. Lots of lovely people here to share with.

Love and hugs denise xxx
      when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Josephine sorry you're reading concerning posts. Please don't think your care will be poor. There are lots that have great departments but it does seem that certain areas of the UK are better than others.

X
        Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Originally posted by Josephine View Post
          Reading the posts it all sounds pretty desperate.
          Welcome to forum. Yes we face many challenges....the resourcefulness of forum members is however awesome๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ˜˜
          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Comment

Josephine ah Iโ€™m sure you must feel pretty desperate just being diagnosed, it is daunting initially. My husband was diagnosed in October 2017 so almost five years ago. He is still mobile. Swallowing relatively well. Speaking well. There are many good days, and you will have them. Hoping you will feel ok and have a lot of support from family and friends.
            This forum offers support, advice and really anything goes.๐Ÿ˜€ Thinking of you xx

Comment

Working...
            X