Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JAC
    replied
    welcome fellow traveller Onwards, with several bumps in the road i'm afraid. you've joined a very warm, if motley crew, and we're with you every step, shuffle, keyboard stroke of the way. xx

Leave a comment:

• Olivia H
    replied
    lesc you describe almost word for word my own experience of diagnosis, especially the fairly sudden onset footdrop in one foot, having to have legs warmed up for emg, poor circulation in lower legs, rapid decline in walking, unable to get up stairs/steps unless I pull myself up on stair rails etc, and no other obvious cause for this. I was only in my 40s. Those symptoms were almost 11 years ago and it is still predominantly a legs/walking thing for me.

Try to keep positive and adapt, and it sounds that you are with a foot support. I've used a mobility scooter for 10 years to get out and about, but can still get around my house using a walking stick/holding onto furniture.

All the best, Olivia.

Leave a comment:

• Marc from London
    replied
    lesc

welcome to the forum here. Sorry to read your diagnosis. I know how this feels as I have been diagnosed with ALS October in 2021. I am just 45 so I think a bit younger then many here. My left hand is weak and has visible muscular atrophy but I can hide this. Everything else seem fine.

stay strong

best
    Marc

Leave a comment:

• Claireflo
    replied
    Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll find there's lots of support and information available here.

Leave a comment:

• Piglet
    replied
    Welcome to the forum Les. It’s great for support and information. Best wishes to you.xx

Leave a comment:

• Tony
    replied
    Hi Les and welcome to the forum although I’m sure you’d rather not be here. Quite a different on set to me but we’re the same age and the impact on our lives is probably much the same. As many have already said this is a great place for advice, support and fellowship. Best wishes to you.

Leave a comment:

• GillB
    replied
    lesc

Welcome to the forum but sorry about your diagnosis. You will get help and support from the lovely people on here. x

Leave a comment:

• TinyLady
    replied
    Welcome to the forum lesc - so sorry to hear you have had this diagnosis.

The forum is a great source of information and support xx

Leave a comment:

• Lcfcno1fan
    replied
    Hi Les,
    sorry you find yourself here but we are all in this together and will support you as best as we can.
    James

Leave a comment:

• PeterPan
    replied
    lesc welcome Les. The forum is a great place to share thoughts, give and receive support and learn from others. For instance, I’ve just learned about anterior horn cell disease. Never heard of it before. Look forward to your posts.

Leave a comment:

• Hairbsb
    replied
    lesc. Not everyone can join this very exclusive club. This forum is a life saver for me in keeping me sane right now and chatting to people who know exactly what's it's like. From my own perspective i felt life could not continue but everyone here has proven me wrong. So please keep posting. And your post. Wasn't too long by the way it s what you felt you needed to. write. Everyone here has a wealth of info so please utilise it. Keep strong and. Positive and above all keep talking online here x

Leave a comment:

• Karen62
    replied
    Hi lesc, sorry you have joined us, but you have joined an amazing group of people who amongst the kindest and most supportive I have found.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    lesc A warm welcome to the forum Les and thanks for the informative post.

In case you are confused, Anterior Horn Cell diseases are progressive degenerative diseases of the motor neurons, including MNDs, so unfortunately not a 'get out of jail free' card by any stretch of the imagination...

Long may you stay active.

Love Ellie xx

Leave a comment:

• Hope
    replied
    lesc Hi and welcome. Sorry you find yourself here but you will find a lot of help and support when you need it.

Leave a comment:

• Tabbycat
    replied
    lesc welcome to the forum. A good source of information, support and humour.

Mine also started with footdrop.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X