Hi and I am confused/scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for your and your families lose, Daisymeg;

Thanks for letting us know of your husband, Gloslad sudden passing.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Good afternoon Daisymeg. I'm so sorry for your unexpected loss of your lovely husband known to us as Glosad. I hope that you have plenty of family support. I'm not going to try to make little of your loss. It must be a terrible shock and devastating. But at least going quickly will avoid the very nasty end that MND sufferers fear. Sending you love and hugs. Lynne x
      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
      I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Oh Daisymeg, I am so very for the loss of your lovely, brave husband. It must be such a shock !

I hope you have love, support and friends around you and in time, your happier memories will bring you comfort.

Thank you for letting us know at this difficult time.
        Love Debbie x

Comment

Hello Daisymeg,

So sorry to hear about your husband and thank you for informing us. Condolences to you and your family.

Barry
          I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Hello Daisymeg,
            I am so sorry your husband has passed away. At the start of this post he stated how much he enjoyed various sports and cycling etc. So hopefully he lived a full life and , no doubt, his marriage to you was a big part of that. I hope you have plenty of support from family and friends. Take care.

Comment

Dear Daisymeg,

I'm very sorry about your lovely husband's passing. There's no justice in this World when good people have to suffer like this and it's heartbreaking that your brave husband was taken too soon.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Rest In Peace Gloslad.

Love,
              Kayleigh x

Comment

Thinking of you. It must be an overwhelming shock.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your problems. My EMG test last December was clear but got worse by the month and eventually had another in June which confirmed MND. I was told symptoms don't always show up first time. Hopefully yours will be sorted once you see an expert.

Comment

Thank you everyone who shared condolences - i feel so lost without my husband am really struggling at the moment - still feel so shocked that 6 weeks after diagnosis he died so suddenly - autopsy showed died as a result of a PE - dont really know why im writing this but had a few wines and you guys are the only people who understand - over 800 people at his funeral says it all really :-(

Comment

Hello Daisymeg,

I'm so sorry that you finding it so difficult to cope with your husband's sudden passing. It really is such a difficult time. I remember, after my husband died (long before my diagnosis), I would suddenly realise that, for example, my hands would be in completely cold washing up water because I had drifted off in my head. Whole chunks of time would simply disappear. Grief can be like being in a completely separate world from everyone else.

Have you considered contacting Cruse Bereavement Care? They have trained counsellors who may be able to help you.

Sending warm hugs from someone who understands.
                      Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

Daisymeg, I cannot imagine your devastation at losing your beloved husband so suddenly. Even with his diagnosis, you should've had more years together.

I would also recommend counselling. I found it really good to help me accept my diagnosis and, whilst it wasn't bereavement counselling, it was such a relief to talk to somebody - well, my first 2 sessions just involved me crying for nearly the whole hour...

And you're always welcome here.

Take care of yourself.

Big hug,
                        Love Ellie.
                        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                        Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Working...
                        X