Hello Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone

As I joined the Forum today, I thought I would say hello.
    I was diagnosed with MND in December 2022 and am now on the fast track to a new life.
    I have had a look through some of the posts and I think that I will enjoy your company in the months ahead.
    Bye for now.

Sorry to read you have MND.
    Noticed your location on profile - I'm between Oxford, Winchester, Marlborough quite often, but live up north and not sure what resources you have locally.
    2020: odd symptoms. Nov 2021: Hand atrophy.. Mar 2022: Second arm atrophy - Confirmed Apr 2022: MND.
    Also Crohn's Disease from 2005ish. (Hi, I'm Dan in Cheshire)...

Comment

MonkeyMike welcome to the forum.
      Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder and hand function. Trying to be positive ๐Ÿ˜บ.

Comment

MonkeyMike A warm welcome to the forum, Mike, sorry you've had to join us.

Looking forward to getting to know you. xx
        โ€‹Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

โ€‹

Comment

Hi Mike,
          Sorry you find yourself here but I hope you find some comfort and companionship here in the threads ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

see you around,
          James
          Foxes Never Quit ๐Ÿ’™

Comment

MonkeyMike Hi Mike, a warm welcome from me. As has been said before I am sorry that you have had to join us, I hope you will find the forum useful, supportive fun and helpful. xx
            Diagnosed June 2022. Confirmed MND which is currently PLS. Limb onset.

Comment

Hi Mike. Hope you get lots of info from the forum members. Its been my life line.
              well done for braving your first post.
              Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

MonkeyMike Hi Mike.welcome to the forum. Everything is very daunting at first, please donโ€™t hesitate to vent any emotions of any kind on here.you will find empathy and understanding. Xx

Comment

Hi Mike
                  welcome to the forum.

Comment

Hi MonkeyMike welcome to the forum, there's loads of knowledgeable people on here so if you have any questions someone will have some useful advice (especially our resident expert Ellie!).

Comment

MonkeyMike welcome to a very supportive forum ๐Ÿ™‚

Comment

Hi Mike. Welcome aboard. You are in very good and supportive company.

Comment

Thank you for your kind and supportive words. Reading through some of the posts there is a lot of anguish and fear, but also the inspirational and heroic. I can see its a transition from at first being pulled uncontrollably into a black hole and then realising that gradually you are being pulled back. Pulled back by the love and support from the people around you, strangers even! I have decided not to fight the loss (I don't mean the physical loss, I will keep doing the physio and take the tablets) but to accept that MND is a new way of being me. I learnt this from many years living with people with learning difficulties. People at the margin of society have so much to give and teach to the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMike View Post
                            I have decided not to fight the loss - but to accept that MND is a new way of being me.
                            That's probably the best way to get yourself into the right place to deal with this (and I will shamelessly steal that quote )
                            Welcome to the gang.

Hi, I'm Eddie.
                            Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
                            Full time powerchair user. Overnight NIV. PEG'ed but still eating. Voice banked but still talking.
                            Still wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

You're welcome Eddie, power to you!

Comment

Working...
                              X