• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Admin_MND
    Forum Administrator

• Admin_MND
    replied
    We wanted to give you a quick update on this campaign – for more information please see our news story: https://www.mndassociation.org/mnd-r...with-minister/

Government officials have committed to continued discussions on the need for increasing targeted MND research funding. The commitment was given during a ‘virtual roundtable’ meeting with Minister Helen Whately MP on MND research, organised by the United To End MND coalition.

The coalition took the opportunity to present proposals for increasing targeted funding for MND research at what is seen as a pivotal time. With a need to maintain research momentum, public-sector investment is key, yet currently funding from charities outstrips that of government. The coalition is asking for a £50 million cash injection over five years.

You can watch a video of the speakers including people with MND, neurologists and Helen Whately here: https://www.mndassociation.org/mnd-r...with-minister/

Following these positive discussions the United To End MND coalition is taking its next step to continue building support among MPs. We need to get as many MPs as possible to attend an online event we're jointly hosting on Friday 18 June. Invite your MP now using our simple tool: https://ecampaigns.mndassociation.org/page/82087/-/1

The petition is also still live until early July and can still be signed here: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/564582

Leave a comment:

• Positive vibes
    Forum Member

• Positive vibes
    replied
    Bit late but signed!

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    Forum Member

• Mary C
    replied
    66000 on the petition this morning.Overvhalfway to the 100.000 target for government to fund further research into MND.
    let’s get everyone we know signing up .
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    Forum Member

• Lynne K
    replied
    I shared it on FB, with family and several friends, Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    Forum Member

• Mary C
    replied
    44.600 signatures this morning.Rocking towards half way to target of 100.000..Let’s encourage everyone we know to sign it
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• richard
    Forum Member

• richard
    replied
    We are currently around 34,000. If we can get everyone who has signed to find two more people we shall be there

Richard

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    Forum Member

• Mary C
    replied
    32.000 signatures when I just looked.Keep encouraging everyone we know to sign the petition.It closes early July
    Best wishes
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• jd58
    Forum Member

• jd58
    replied
    Signed

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    Forum Member

• Barry52
    replied
    I have asked the members of the Nottingham branch to spread the message. Many of them use Twitter which seems to reach a bigger audience than Facebook.

Leave a comment:

• richard
    Forum Member

• richard
    replied
    I shared with my family and also my neighbours, we have a street WhatsApp group. Had lots of support. However as of now there are only 29,000+ who have signed. We are not even a third of the way there.

How can we crank this up to boiling point?

Richard

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    Forum Member

• Heather R
    replied
    Thanks, Mary, signed. We can but try x

Leave a comment:

• richard
    Forum Member

• richard
    replied