This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our membership scheme is changing...

Since the MND Association was founded in 1979, our membership has grown and grown into an incredible community of people – each with a shared passion to fight against MND. With so many different people coming together, each with unique things to offer, we’re making membership more open and collaborative than it has ever been before.

This July we are launching a new type of membership and we’ll be offering you the chance to get more involved in three main ways:

Spreading the word
    Whether you are campaigning for us, fundraising for us, volunteering for us or donating to one of our appeals you can help spread the word by letting others know you’re doing it.

Sharing your membership
    The bigger our membership community grows, the stronger we’ll become. You can encourage others to become members through sharing your membership with those around you and on social media too.

Introducing family and friends
    You can help us to reach others by introducing the members of your family and friends to membership and helping them become members.

This is membership, your way – and the community is there for you too.

Whether you are looking for advice and information, or you want to share your story or skills to help others, the membership community is there for you, for the good days – and the bad ones too.

As a member you’ll be among others who understand, and your voice will be heard. You can still receive our regular Thumb print magazine, and you’ll have the chance to get involved in a way that suits you, you can do as much or as little as you’d like to. Do look out for your next issue of Thumb print for more details.

Membership is for everyone – you can now pay what membership is worth to you.

What does it mean to be a member?

We want to give all our members the chance to get more closely involved in the Association’s work, using their skills and experience to raise awareness, help strengthen our voice and encourage others to get involved in the fight against MND.

What are the benefits of membership?
    As a member you will receive.
    • A welcome pack with pin badge and membership card
    • Quarterly Thumb Print magazine
    • Connection to your local branch or group
    • Opportunity to attend and vote in the AGM
    • Invitation to conferences and events
    You can find out more information, how to sign up, and FAQ's on our website - https://www.mndassociation.org/get-i...come-a-member/
    Our working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am until 5pm

Admin_MND
    Will the expansion of the membership increase the activity on the forum? The reason I ask is that we have a number of regular members like me and I am concerned that this could result in an increase in posts about random subjects.
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Admin_MND well to be honest that’s confused the hell out if me. Just to be clear are the people currently using this forum being allowed to continue without having to pay anything whatsoever.

I have copied this from your page. The last 6 words intimate that there could be cost in the future.

I currently receive my membership for free, do I have to pay for membership now?

No, if you are currently entitled to free membership that remains the same. We don’t want cost to stop anyone from being a part of our membership community, so feel free to pay whatever you are able to – even if that’s nothing right now.

I get spreading the word but will anyone new wishing to join have to pay a subscription. If so how much.
      Last edited by Bowler; 2 July 2021, 11:42.

Comment

If people pay or don't pay. Which is confusing in itself. I feel the forum should be private and not open to those that are not members and don't sign in.
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

I may be wrong but it's about the Association proper, MNDA Membership, not the forum 🤔
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
            I may be wrong but it's about the Association proper, MNDA Membership, not the forum 🤔
            Ah the voice of reason and sensibility. Think you are right Ellie about the forum.

I would still be concerned if people living with MND and their families were in the future to face a subscription fee if that meant that was the only way to access all the brilliant support available for free now.

Admin can you clear this up for me please.

Comment

Thank you Bowler and everyone for your comments.

As Ellie has flagged, the membership changes relate to the overall membership of the MND Association, not the forum specifically. There are no changes planned to the forum at present and certainly no plans to introduce a charge to view or join. We are hoping that as a result of the new membership strategy we may see existing or new members of the Association join the forum so that they can benefit from the advice and support offered.

We hope that makes things a little bit clear for everyone.

Thanks,

Forum Admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Admin_MND View Post
                Thank you Bowler and everyone for your comments.

As Ellie has flagged, the membership changes relate to the overall membership of the MND Association, not the forum specifically. There are no changes planned to the forum at present and certainly no plans to introduce a charge to view or join. We are hoping that as a result of the new membership strategy we may see existing or new members of the Association join the forum so that they can benefit from the advice and support offered.

We hope that makes things a little bit clear for everyone.

Thanks,

Forum Admin.
                Hello Admin

im still a little confused about membership and you didn’t really answer Bowlers question.

okay, the forum is still open to all I understand that part
                and if we are already members, there is basically no change.

If understand it correctly for new members , those newly diagnosed, family, friends, supporters you are going ask for a voluntary subscription/donation.
                just wondering how you are going to work that into the conversation when we first make contact with the MNDA, and our world around us is turned upside down,
                ​​​​​​​ sorry about your diagnosis, we can help just make a donation and we will send you a pin badge

That first phone call was so important to me, talking about what type of membership I want would, would have been the last thing I would want to hear about.
                Shaun
                As long as there’s golf and beer I’m happy

Comment

Hi Shaun and Bowler ,

Thank you for your questions around availability of our support. We can assure you that providing support to anyone diagnosed with MND is our absolute priority. We will always provide support whether the person with MND is a member or not. We would not introduce the option of membership until it is much more appropriate to do so and the choice to become a member and make a voluntary contribution is always the choice of the individual.

Hope that clears up any misunderstandings about the change to our membership scheme.

Thanks,

Forum Admin.

Comment

Frankly! the tone of voice, that was used ,when I phoned the association's line, wouldn't get me to tell anyone with autistic neurology about the membership on offer, I try to limit contact with the forum as well, autistic people are one of the groups who are still discriminated against.

Comment

Originally posted by Admin_MND View Post
                      Hi ,

We can assure you that providing support to anyone diagnosed with MND is our absolute priority. We will always provide support whether the person with MND is a member or not.

Thanks,

Forum Admin.
                      Hmmmm, I recall being abused in Salford Hospital between July 2012 and July 2014, over 700 days, yet the MNDA chose to side with the hospital against me. Too bad that I haven't died yet!
                      Copyright Graham

Comment

There was a time that money equaled quality. Me thinks it is not the case here.
                        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post

Hmmmm, I recall being abused in Salford Hospital between July 2012 and July 2014, over 700 days, yet the MNDA chose to side with the hospital against me. Too bad that I haven't died yet!
                          Hi Graham,

The issue was fully investigated at the time with all parties being made aware of the decision. We are not in a position to discuss this any further.

Many thanks,

Forum Admin

Comment

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
                            Frankly! the tone of voice, that was used ,when I phoned the association's line, wouldn't get me to tell anyone with autistic neurology about the membership on offer, I try to limit contact with the forum as well, autistic people are one of the groups who are still discriminated against.
                            Hi Streetwise ,

We are sorry to hear that you have experienced issues when connecting us.

If you could message us with further information about your experience we can look into this. We also welcome any suggestions you have for how people with autism could be helped further when calling us.

Could you please also confirm if it was our MND Connect or the Fundraising line you called? This will really help us with making sure your feedback is shared with the correct departments.

Many thanks,

Forum Admin

Comment

Don't expect the mnda to fight for you ,get used to fighting for yourself and tell people on social media what happened, like many organisations they don't like losing face

Comment

Working...
                              X